What travellers are saying
- If you are interested in gin, learn the history , make a bottle to your own recipe! and sample Nelson’s own gins and rum. Amazing day. Keith and Andrea are amazing. Tip get someone to drive you there or get a taxi.Written 1 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- First half - As fairly regular visitors to uttoxeter we’ve had tickets for every area from general admission to having hospitality boxes but for New Year’s Eve our favourite venue is the 1907 restaurant. Once again I couldn’t fault it ! The food was excellent and the staff considerately asking when you would like your hot food bought out knowing that you may be placing bets or watching the racing and didn’t want your food going cold. The restaurant was busy but never felt over crowded and the same could be said of the balcony. In fact the whole organisation of the day was second to none.
Second Half - I’m not entirely sure you could class this as a complaint and how the racecourse could address it I have know idea. Racecourses through the pandemic have had a very tough time and need as many people through the turnstiles as possible but there seemed to be a definite change in the people attending this year. The stands seemed at times to resemble 40 or 50 stag & hen dos at a night club and at some stages it seemed to be more like a football match, I’m not entirely sure why groups of men would be singing football chants on the premier stand whilst the racing was taking place. Two ladies just along the balcony from us end up with their best dresses drench in beer when one of the groups of men must’ve had a winner and threw their drinks in the air. Unfortunately for the said group one of the ladies had a husband the size of a shire horse who ‘persuaded’ the gentlemen that they should be buying the ladies some champagne by way of an apology.
So will I be going again ? Definitely ! A summers day at uttoxeter with a glass of pims is about as English a scene as you could picture and I will be going next New Year’s Eve but after that .........................Written 3 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We went with a 14 and 6 year old. We were given a safety briefing by Harry the instructor. It was a great track to ride around with bumps and lots of mud. The 6 year old really took to it and was able to go very fast. Thanks to Harry who was a great host.Written 16 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My daughter and I went llama hiking today, we had such a lovely time!
Our host was very knowledgeable and clearly cared for the well-being of the llamas and obviously our healthy and safety.
He had such a lovely way with the llamas, it was lovely to see.
I highly recommend!Written 23 August 2021
- A fabulous place that transports you back in time. Lovely owners who really look after you too.
Well worth a visit.Written 25 October 2020
- An interesting, small, informal but informative museum, run by friendly volunteers. Who knew that the name of the town had been spelled so many different ways? Plus coffee and cake in the cafe for £3.Written 2 July 2023
- The Centaur Sculpture is an outstanding feature, one of a pair of landmarks that give a great welcome to Uttoxeter, one at either end of the town's arterial roads. They both have great presence and hint strongly as to the town's past, but the bull is simply magnificent; well scaled, well designed, beautifully crafted.
I have visited Uttoxeter for 45 years and enjoyed seeing it develop and gain a contemporary feel. The A50 certainly helps with your journey, making it quicker and easier to reach this historical market town.
Yes, the new retail area is fairly standard form but this supports the older part of town well. Familiar restaurants and family orientated activities are there. Parking couldn't be easier.
Within a short walking distance, the older town centre opens out, with a very small market being open on Fridays. The street signs are delightful, giving a good sense of farming across surrounding areas and that a cattle market would have been a regular feature here at one time.
Don't just drive past - call in and surprise yourself.Written 3 February 2019
- This is a nice church but for some reason all the gravestones have been moved. Some are leaning against the side walls whilst many are being used as paving slabs. Good atmosphere inside.Written 16 September 2022
- The Uttoxeter War Memorial is an impressive monument to the local service members who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country. It’s also where the fox hunters meet up to show off before they go out. I am not sure how often that display goes on. I got caught in the middle of it on New Years Day, while I was visiting. Try to see this memorial when that isn’t going on. There was loads of shouting and aggression. The memorial is beautiful though. It is very well kept and maintained, it’s a lovely display for the military heroes. It’s really nice in the morning on a cold day. I got there as the fog was lifting, it was quite a sight.Written 7 January 2020
- Took advantage of a day off and booked this course for the first time, took a friend who is a total beginner.
Very easy booking system once I registered as a visiting member, pick my time and rocked up, really friendly pro shop staff gave me some guidance once I told him it's our first visit.
Then let loose on an absolute beautiful picturesque course, nice forgiving fairways and the greens were in perfect condition.
Some very long par5's and loved the naughty par3's great bunker positions.
All in all a beautiful course great staff and easy process, definitely coming back.Written 21 May 2021
- Hills, hills, hills and more hills. The pictures do not show the extent of the hills, some may call it undulating, but no its hilly, very hilly.
The course itself is superb if not a little confusing, the 4th tees off over the 3rd green, the 6th and 8th fairways cross, which when youre playing it for the first time is very confusing. Thankfully the members there appear to be very stranger friendly, my two colleagues and myself really did appreciate the fact that they took the time to show us where the next hole was and was so patient with us when we held them up looking for the next tee , again thank you. The clubhouse is neat and comfortable with a couple of beers/ciders on tap, glad to say they serve mugs of tea and not piddly little cups that hold a mouthful. Prices were decent and the sandwiches were tasty.
Oh and did i mention the hills!!Written 27 July 2023
- I took my two children ages 7 & 2 and the swimming pool was spacious. It wasn’t too busy which is unusual for us coming up from Essex/London.
They had everything you could want, a lifeguard, a buggy lock & could even borrow floats etc. We are staying near by as going to Alton towers but I think my daughter would rather come here and swim everyday :-) we will be backWritten 10 August 2018
- Best pub in Uttoxeter lovely bar staff, great variety of beers, ciders wine and gin. Can’t fault the friendliness. I’m not a local came from the West Country visiting and was made to feel sooo welcome if I lived here this would definitely be my local. Thanks for making my weekend great establishment.Written 28 August 2023
- People in the rink are lovely, smiley and helpful...but £7.50 for the use of a plastic polar bear to keep you up? A bit steep. That would be like charging to have the bumpers up in a game of bowling. A quid would be more like it.Written 27 October 2022
- Great pub run by a nice Black Country wench ! Went in Friday and Saurday night while having a break at a town house 200 yards away. Pool and darts, good crowd in on Friday and juke box on and good beer. Razor Back and Marston's Pedegree and a range of shorts and Jagerbombs if you like ! Made very welcome Saturday night when a bit quieter than Friday and as I am from Brierley Hill/Dudley area. Was asked what artists we would like on the jukebox and they put some ACDC on, well chuffed. Hoped to go again the end of the year, great pub with a very friendly atmosphere !Written 6 March 2023
Uttoxeter Attractions Information
|Tuesday 11:10 pm|