Popular things to do
- City Tours
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Day Trips
- Wine Tastings
- Half-day Tours
- Bus Tours
- Speciality Museums
- Full-day Tours
- Self-guided Tours
- Audio Guides
- Segway Tours
- Historic Sites
- Hop on Hop Off Buses
- Night Tours
- Historic Walking Areas
- Skip the line Tickets
- 4WD Tours
- Art Museums
- Sunset Cruises
- Historical Tours
- Culinary Tour
- Museum Tickets & Passes
- Sporting Events
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Top Picks
- Likely to Sell Out
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Special Offers
- Family Friendly
- Theme Parks
- Water Sports
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
- Shopping Tours
- Weddings & Honeymoons
- Viator Exclusive Tours
- Yoga Classes
Top Attractions in San Francisco
Speciality Museums • Science Museums
Admission tickets from MYR 185.16
Golden Gate Park
Admission tickets from MYR 179.60
Admission tickets from MYR 115.87
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Great experience. You can read and learn about lots of things. You can walk almost everywere and see how the prisoners lived there. Before you visit this place I recommend watching the film „ Escape from Alcatraz” (1979). How to get there? The best option is to buy an online tickets because there are limited places.Written 6 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What is there left to say about this iconic hunk of girders and steel? It’s amazing and beautiful. Come see it as soon as possible!Written 6 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- WOW - what a venue to see the Giants and to see them win.
We were here at Club Level and I have to say that the whole experience was amazing from the baseball to the crowd to the venue to all the amenities.
Our only criticism was the cost of the draught beers ($15+ each) which I think is a bit rich though where else can you go.
Not sure if they allow you to get buzzed before entering but at these prices, you would go thirsty pretty quick.
Other than that, I loved it.Written 30 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was the location that my daughter and son-in-law selected for their wedding.
The weather and venue were perfect.
The grounds are beautiful, well worth a visit.Written 12 September 2022
- Golden Gate Park is one of the tourist attraction in San Francisco city and situated on the western part near Pacific Ocean. It is one of the largest urban park.Written 26 September 2022
- Twin Peaks are the tourist attractions spot and situated in the western part of the city San Francisco. Two peaks are adjacent to each other. One can view the entire San Francisco city from the top of peak. Few steps are to be climbed to reach the top.Written 26 September 2022
- This museum touches different sciences - biology (dissecting a cow's eye. seeing a chick's heart beating, shrimps), geology, physics (wheels, floating fabrics). So much to see and explore with kids. Worth the time and energy to visit!Written 1 September 2022
- This is a wonderful area to visit. Beautiful grounds and you can do as much or as little as you want.Written 22 September 2022
- Was an excellent exhibit and very informative especially Walt's family photos and history. There was also a free bus going back into town.Written 26 June 2022
- You won't need to read a review to determine if this spot is worth visiting. Just look at the pictures. If you plan to walk any distance, keep in mind that some of the hills are very steep and may be overwhelming if you are not in good physical shape. Do not bother parking in the Visitor Center lot if it looks crowded. There are plenty of other spaces on the street or across the street or futher up the street.Written 28 September 2022
- We took the tram from Downtown to Fisherman's Wharf and back again and it was as much fun as it looks.Written 4 October 2022
- Ferry building marketplace is one the centre point and land mark. Big wall clock is situated on the top and time can be viewed from long distance. Many shops are there in the building. Ferry services are available nearby.Written 24 September 2022
- We drove down from the top of Lombard, with no wait (not sure this is always the case), which takes about a minute to zig zag your way to the bottom of the windy bit, and then we parked and walked someway up to get more of a feel. It is steep, although the path and steps are helpful, and great views from the top and the bottom. Beautiful in the August light with flowers and shrubs a-plenty. Saw one resident come out to her parked car, and made me wonder what it would me like living in the middle of such a popular tourist attraction. Loved the way everyone was having fun, and we had fun too. Cetainly worth the effort to find and enjoy this unique San Fransisco street, and it is free! So highly recommended.Written 3 October 2022
- SFMOMA has a great and wide collection, 7 floors of different kind of arts.
wheelchair accessibility is great, and the set up is very big so enough space also during COVID times
great cafe with outside sitting area, with some statues / art.
easy to spend 3-4 hours hereWritten 2 May 2022
- The views of the bay and city are lovely. If you walk/ride there prepare for a climb. But, this is definitely the best way there. It’s part of the experience to walk up the street to get there. When there, it’s a short elevator ride to the top. Place is small, but the views are worth the effort.Written 19 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about San Francisco
- The best day trips from San Francisco according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Muir Woods & Sausalito Half-Day Tour (Return by Bus or Ferry from Sausalito)
- Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Full-Day Tour from San Francisco
- Alcatraz with Muir Woods and Sausalito Tour
- Yosemite National Park and Giant Sequoias Day Trip from San Francisco
- Small Group Yosemite and Giant Sequoias Day Trip from San Francisco