- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
44 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 44
What travellers are saying
- Saw the 10 pm Village Underground Show. Hilarious! All 5 comics and the host were very funny, each in their own way. Very small, intimate space. You’re right on the stage with the comics practically which is part of what makes it a special, only in NYC, kind of experienceWritten 23 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I loved the experience. The performances were great. Staff are very friendly. Various meal and drink options available.Written 21 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We took our teens (17 & 19) with us to see ASSSSCAT 3000. The show can get racy at times, but nothing they haven’t heard in an R-rated movie. We enjoyed the improv comedy, both for the laughs and because it was interesting to see how the comedians work through it. The price for tickets is right. They serve alcoholic drinks for a fair price. The neighborhood isn’t great.Written 3 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The menu was quite varied and the service was excellent. The cake was excellent, and it wasn't too loud inside.Written 22 October 2019
- I happened to be in Brooklyn and I was looking for something entertaining to do.. I came across this hidden gem. I paid for the 830pm show and stayed for the 10 pm as well. I’ve never heard of this place so I figured there would be up and coming comedians trying new material. I wasn’t expecting to do a lot of laughing but I was pleasantly surprised. It’s small, quaint and intimate and it adds to the charm of this place. Also, I was definitely taken aback when Jordan Rock stopped in to try some new material. He was hilarious! They have a wine/beer/hard seltzer menu with popcorn and snacks(including twizzlers. My favorite). I would definitely recommend the tiny cupboard for a nice date night or a group hang. P.s. the staff are chill and friendly.Written 19 June 2022
- I heard about this place and dropped by to see the Improv Jam which was like open mic night for improv people. I had a couple beers at the bar and enjoyed talking with Randy who was very sharp and was able to explain a lot about the Improv process. The Jam itself was just people working from a word given by an audience member. There were slow periods but there were some really funny moments and I enjoyed seeing people work at it. It was a very casual supportive environment and I had a good time.Written 20 June 2018
- Our first time here but a great one. Front of house staff are helpful and friendly. We went on a “new talent” night and saw somewhere between 10 and 15 comedians, each of whom had about 10-15 minutes each. They were hit or miss but overall, we had a great time seeing new talent.Written 11 January 2020
- If y’all know of anyone who will be in NYC on May 23rd, a kid-friendly superhero musical web series will be screening with live vocals while the film is running! . They have won awards/nominations at film/web festivals: Orlando Film Festival and #stareable web fest.Written 6 May 2022
- So I had a spare night and decided to try the mid town club, purchased for $25 pp on line that night. When we arrived at midtown they told us it was in fact east town. This changed from the website to the checkout but not an issue just a cab ride for $10.
I was made aware of the $18 min spends which again was fine. The show was good although I didn’t realise it might where the acts tried new jokes but luckily they were funny. Service was fine no real issues.
We did receive a return ticket for free so decided to go again on the second night. Emailed and arranged it with no issues.
On arriving I was advised the same as the night before. But this time we had a pushy waitress who incident we ordered more drinks as 3 cocktails at $16 was not enough despite me telling her the maths. I was happy to order more and said we would on last orders which was not called like the previous night. Due to this female asking 5/6 times throughout the evening took the piss and I missed some of the acts and honestly ruined my night. Turned out she also charged me a service charge and tip. So cost me 40% but I suppose I should have checked the fine print. All in all great first night ruined by the second which was free. 50/50Written 21 February 2022
- Huge shout out to the comics who performed the night I got to go. They were truly phenomenal. I've been to several comedy clubs, and most are worth a chuckle or two, but this place had us in stitches. I can't credit the mandatory booze you must purchase, either, since none of us could even taste the alcohol. So, 5000 stars for the entertainment; 0 stars for the horrible overpriced (non)alcoholic drinks.Written 31 March 2022
- Good times for a decent price. You can get tickets last minute rather inexpensive and they do a nice job. It’s funny improv. About an hour so it’s not real long which is nice if you want a little fun laughWritten 27 October 2018
- The one show I watched wasn't amazing but the place has a good vibe and friendly staff. I came with my wheelchair hoping the place will be accessible and found it reasonably accessible for a short visit (don't think the bathroom was accessible).Written 5 June 2019
- definitely worth the money! loved the diversity of the comedians performing - 3 women! small and intimate spaceWritten 18 January 2022
- IRTE IS BACK AT THE PRODUCERS CLUB! AFFORDABLE ENTERTAINMENT IN THE HEART OF BROADWAY!
The Improvisational Repertory Theatre Ensemble (IRTE) Presents:
Wow Wee! Adventures of a Little Girl Killbot Christmas Special!
What's a little girl robot to do now that the singularity has occurred – and just in time for Christmas? Check in with the Trumans, America's favorite TV family and their mechanical moppet, Andie the Android, as they face the End of the World and discover the True Meaning of Christmas. Wow Wee! It's a post-apocalyptic 80s sitcom Christmas Special!
Original Concept: Nannette Deasy **Directed By: Robert Baumgardner
Developed by and Starring IRTE: Evie Aronson, Tony Bozanich, Nannette Deasy, Natalie Hunter, Sam Katz, Jame Maloney and Chris O'Neill **Featuring live music by John Munnelly
Run Time: 90 minutes
WHEN: Fridays & Saturdays, November 4, 5, 11, 12, 18 & 19, December 2 & 3, 2022
WHERE: The Producers Club, 358 West 44th Street, New York, NY 10036
Tickets $20 Online / $25 Cash Only at the Door
Season Pass and Group Discounts Available
Praise for IRTE
Winner, Best Comedy, Tucson Fringe Festival 2020
Winner, "Artists Whose Work Made Me Laugh The Most", 2017 Asheville Fringe Arts Festival
Winner, SHITFA (Supreme Honorary Improvised Theater & Film Award), 2014 Unscripted New York Improvised Theatre and Film Festival
"If a John Waters movie and Ex Machina had a baby, it might look like WOWEE! .. This reviewer snorted with laughter." First Looks - PortFringe 2018!
"I’ve never seen an improv show as unique or in depth as the one presented by IRTE...I don’t need any suggestions from the audience to help me convey how good this show was… truly marvelous." Jen Bush, Words4Music-Blog
"...surprise-a-minute..." Jay Lloyd, CBS Philly, KYW News Radio
”...pure fun.” Anthony J. Piccione, OnStage Blog
*Due to the improvisational nature of the shows, there may be adult content. Parental discretion is advised.
Theater is not wheelchair accessible. Entrance into theater is up a flight of stairs.Written 20 September 2022
- This was just a fun time. Plain and simple. This venue is small, but that’s okay; it was just the right size for this event. Good times!Written 2 June 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about New York City
- These experiences are best for comedy clubs in New York City:
- Blue Man Group at the Astor Place Theater in New York
- Drunk Shakespeare Ticket Vaccination Required
- Stand Up Comedy LIVE in Times Square At Broadway Comedy Club
- LOL Comedy Lounge in Times Square
- Stand Up Comedy at our Greenwich Village Comedy Club cellar at 99 MacDougal