- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
24 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- ...London, Paris, New York.
Each of this world metropolis has its own famous department stores, and they have many branches all over the countries, but only one is the main from which it all began.
That's the case with this Macy's at Herald square on 34th St, just a block from the iconic Empire State bldg.
We didn't come to shop, just entered and roamed this huge edifice occupying the entire block. You can find everything you might think of, however cannot comment the prices - I presume they're higher than elsewhere.
Therefore, it was a pure touristy visit for us after visiting the Empire.Written 19 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I went inside Saks Fifth Avenue for a visit in December 2021. It actually was the first time I went inside Saks Fifth Avenue. Normally during my December visits to New York City I view the light show at Saks Fifth Avenue in the evening from the outside. But it was too crowded this year. Going inside for 30 minutes was a great experience. It was great to see all the upscale brand names. But 30 minutes to see it was enough. It was crowded and I did not go there to buy anything. I exited and went to attend mass at Saint Patrick's Cathedral.Written 21 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lots and lots of shops here with 8 levels of shopping you can really explore what they have to offer .
My other half had to come back here to get a new little brown cosmetics Bag as hers had just broken after she brought one 7 years ago.Written 22 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Located just off union Square this is an interesting and sizeable shop. The name doesn’t really do it justice as I was expecting something more of lower end.Written 20 March 2022
- Can get very busy in this times square location there's 3 floors of shopping with the usual H and M clothing with a sale section.
There are two other stores 1 on 5th and one near Macy's on 34th street both were bigger and less busy we preferred shopping at these locations.Written 2 August 2022
- Placed at 2 levels. So many things to choose , and buy . Different kinds of apparel. Items vary . Prices are more on the low side. Many are for clearance. Staff help you out when in need. Claustrophobic atmosphere pervades with many customers going in . Falling in line to pay may take some time with the huge volume of shoppers.Written 3 December 2019
- Modell's does not have the selection in sporting goods that Dick's. They are a local chain that provides old fashioned service. I got a fantastic price on a new pair of sneakers. Always a pleasure shopping here.Written 30 June 2019
- I've been to Barney's uptown many times, and I always find it a little uppity. I finally got to explore the one downtown this weekend. It was not only really cool, but I found the service chill and relaxed. I didn't feel uncomfortable while browsing. People were really nice. The clothes are really cutting-edge with lots of up and coming designers. It's more downtown and less suits. Pretty cool here. Love the accessories departments.They have a cool basement cosmetics department too. Check it out if you're in Chelsea or the VillageWritten 8 November 2016
- We stocked up on decorations, authentic silk attire and a dragon head for our Chinese New Year party. The store is filled with beautiful items.Written 24 January 2017
- Really exceptional customer service. I love both pair of shoes I purchased here. We will definitely be back.Written 5 August 2022
- I was like a kid in a candy store looking at all the make up we can't get in the UK! All the staff were super friendly.Written 21 March 2020
- Everything is under $5 dollars which is a great deal but surprisingly organized compared to other dollar stores.
There are lots of hidden gems in the store for example we found a cushion bench today, of course $5 each, which might be sold for more than $10 on Amazon.Written 14 March 2020
- Beautiful store and exceptional customer service. In addition to great shopping, they also feature a bar and restaurants.Written 31 May 2021
- Super store located at the Southern end of Central Park.its very large and impressive and worth a visit.Written 3 March 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about New York City
- These are the best places for budget-friendly department stores in New York City:See more budget-friendly department stores in New York City on Tripadvisor