- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
20 places sorted by traveller favourites
Historic Walking Areas • History Museums
Downtown Manhattan (Downtown)
What travellers are saying
- Brookfield Place was the location where many movies were shot over the years. Dramatic viewing point for the river and upwards through the glass to One World Trade. (See photos).Written 6 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Stopped by the Oculus today as a way of getting out of the hot July sun and into some nice cold air conditioning for a bit. Great shopping with plenty to eat and drink. Not only is the architecture very pleasing on the outside this large open and airy roof makes the whole indoor experience that much more pleasant.Written 21 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Columbus Circle is in the heart of many of the shops in the area. Some large brand names including Nordstrom. Recommended.Written 6 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Having decided to get off the 7 line at Hudson Yards to walk the High Line, naturally one of the first things to catch our attention was the Vessel, followed by the shopping centre.
Being a particularly hot day we decided to pop into the shopping centre, top up the water at the water fountains and grab a vegan ice cream whilst we were at it!
The mall itself is very clean, well air conditioned (thankfully!) and situated in an area that is clearly under some great development.Written 22 July 2022
- I had not been to South Street Seaport since I was probably ten (10) or eleven (11) years old. From my childhood, I remember the restaurants and my meal of steamed clams. It was really interesting to go back to this free attraction over twenty (20) years later. The area felt safe to me and it was full of shops and upscale dining options. There were also boat tours nearby. The views of Lower Manhattan, Downtown Brooklyn, and the Brooklyn Bridge were fantastic. It was nice to walk on the piers during a hot early April afternoon. Yet, it is difficult to get parking in this area, especially if one is looking for free parallel parking on the street. It is easy to walk from South Street Seaport to the Battery, to Chinatown, or to Wall Street.Written 7 April 2021
- This mall has just a few stores. The location is prime. It could be much better with more stores. Definitely great for a early morning "mall walker".Written 26 January 2020
- Awesome art gallery to explore different exhibits featuring artists specializing in clothing, accessories, skin products and other start ups. They feature a slide, coffee bar and they have interactive exhibits when you wave your want at particular stations. Highly recommend this gallery if you want to do some shopping, check out pop up shops and fill your IG feed with art. The pop ups and exhibit change so I'll definitely be back. Fun place to check out with some friends and no reservations required at this timeWritten 7 June 2021
- While on holiday we purchased an attractive sculpture of a seated female figure, agreed the purchase price and paid for shipping to UK arranged by Showplace.
Just over 2 weeks later a cardboard box was delivered to our house. Inside, the statue was found to be extremely damaged due in no small measure to the sparsely cushioned packaging that Showplace had provided.
On informing them of this, Showplace offered no assistance at all and directed us to the carrier.
After 4 months, many email exchanges, post office visits and phone calls the issue was resolved by our credit card company reimbursing us in full for the purchase, shipping and import costs.
Needless to say we would not recommend Showplace to package and arrange transport of any goods bought from them. At least paying by credit card gave us protection under UK consumer law.Written 9 March 2019
- Packed into a relatively small space are a bunch of small pop-up shops. Some people stop by here because they are in-between the attendance of ticketed performances. While, these tiny shops definitely cater to the tourists, a lot of interesting merchandise is sold here. Some of these purchases would comfortably fit into a carry-on bag for that flight home. This is additionally a great stop if you want to gift yourself some sort of souvenir.Written 31 December 2019
- A massive variety of jewellery shops and outlets under one very large shopping mall. In the middle of the diamond district this amazing collection of jewellery shops is absolutely fabulous. Great place to come and browse loads and loads of all sorts of jewellery. Its all here.Written 24 June 2017
- We were looking for something different to do and came upon this antiques mall hoping to find German beer steins. Instead, we found galleries of large Oriental furniture, vases, statues, and screens at very high prices. There was also lots of silver vases, urns, candle holders and plates. We found 1 beer stein but the vendor was closed. An email was sent on Sunday and we have yet to hear back.Written 15 June 2016
- Having eaten in Northern Italy, I can guarantee that the experience at this restaurant in Rockefeller Center is authentic. I had the parmesan crusten chicken, which was huge, and a side of rosemary potatotes (which was a la carte). With a 20% gratuity, a meal for 4 which included a bottle of pino grigio, was $170. The decor is wonderful and staff Italian-prepare to order with an accent. The best part was that we were able to finish eating and never felt rushed to leave as we sipped our wine and chatted over our day's events. The food, while no better or worse than Carmine's or Tony's, was just a small part of the relaxed and pleasant atmosphere.Written 19 December 2007
- Kamni is a true gem to work with. The passion she has for her business is seen right away. You get a true luxury experience when working with her. She was recommended to me by a friend, and Kamni does not disappoint. My fiancé had an amazing experience creating my engagement ring. We then went back for both of our wedding rings. All pieces of jewelry are truly high grade quality.Written 28 April 2022
- I was in walking around Columbus Circle when I stumbled across this little hidden market.
There are a fair few places to choose to eat from and a few shops for drinks as well as some small retail units.
Seats are aligned down the centre of the market unless there's a kiosk in the way.
My suggestion to anyone coming here for a bite to eat is to choose a little something from a selection instead of having all eggs in one basket.Written 21 June 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about New York City
- These are the best places for couples seeking shopping malls in New York City:See more shopping malls for couples in New York City on Tripadvisor