- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
36 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 36
What travellers are saying
- I started at this location 4 years ago and immediately signed up for unlimited monthly membership and I was hooked. I have never been a fan of the mundane gym work out so I knew classes were for me and by far this was my favorite class and I really saw results. I transferred within that year to their Chelsea location as it was closer to work and it was super simple. They took care of all the details.Written 26 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Soul Cycle has the best indoor spin classes, with no comparison to all the competition. It is a dance class on wheels, with the best instructors around. They are also the most obnoxious and greedy, and have become increasingly so over time. If you don't mind spending over $5K a year, that allows you to ride in the back of the room in back of all the people willing to lend the company $3500 ($70 a class) who generally don't know the routine as well as many others in the back. With each update of the mobile app and website, it has become increasingly clear that Soul Cycle plays games with bike assignments, reserving the front row not just for people willing to pay more, but also teachers pets. After 10 years of spinning loyally here, I can no longer get into most of the classes I have been taking for 10 years (unless i want to pay double), and now they have a new program called Soul Early, whereby they allow anyone to pay $15 extra to also book before the rest of us. In my opinion, Soul Cycle is taking for granted to subscription value of my business, and it dawns on me that I know all the routines by heart since I now ride in the back with my eyes closed! Hmmmm I can just get a spin bike at home, and do the memorized routine at home, duh and done. It appears that everyone is doing this, because it is so easy to get into mid-week classes, and impossible on weekends, I think I will follow the leaders and only go to soul when it is a Master Instructor at a prime time, and hey how about a discount on all those mid-week classes that are now empty?Written 30 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I had them do everything. I didn’t care about the cost as I needed some serious attention. I was taken back quickly, the scents and ambience was really relaxing and the temperature was warm without being too hot. It’s cold outside so this too was a welcome retreat. Worked for an hour on me and I couldn’t be happier. Now I’m ready for some Christmas shopping.Written 22 December 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My hotel was the Aloft. Aloft is 3 blocks from the Oculus. I went in to be brought by the huge interior of the Oculus. The Oculus is a very convenient building inside and outside.Written 14 July 2022
- This place is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Nothing like it in NYC. The place is so well designed. The treatments are incredible. I had a sports deep tissue massage down. My therapist suggested post-treatment routines I could do.
You can tell they really care about their customers. Will continue coming here.Written 27 April 2021
- I love equinox classes. There are so many great instructors. Especially Amanda Young. The location is great. This isn't the largest equinox but it is nice.Written 6 April 2017
- I had a 60 min. Defy massage and added on hot stones, glutes and head/neck which brought it to a 90 min. massage. This is a cute place. My massage was very relaxing. Lots of cool products in the front lobby. I would recommend this spa.Written 14 October 2021
- I love this boxing place, it’s totally different than the usual boxing classes which are in my opinion too masculine but this is good for both men and women. Their instructors are really full of energy and fit and supper helpful. I had no idea about boxing and were able to pick it up really fast in the first session. There are two parts to the class, one side is the boxing side with the punching bags that are really unique cause unlike the other bags it’s filled with water so when you punch it, it won’t bounce too much and the water absorbs the shock, the other side has benches that you’ll lift some weights and pushups etc instructed by the instructor ( this part was harder than the boxing part).Written 29 December 2019
- It was the first time I attended a Soul Cycle Class. Personnel very attentive, everything very clean and the class was very good. I went two days!!! It will be my go to place for exercise in NY.Written 7 December 2016
- I’ve been fortunate to travel a lot. Whenever I get the chance I get a massage. My top four massages have been in NYC, ISRAEL, TULUM and PR.
Lawrence May is AMAZING. He has years and years of experience and is constantly improving his game by educating himself in various techniques. He understands the body intuitively and scientifically. I had a 90 massage with him on Wednesday. It was fantastic as usual.
If you can’t find a great massage therapist Lawrence is your guy. He can go easy and give you a relaxing massage or go DEEP and get in all those nooks and crannies. Of course, he will put the spa music on, he has the hot towels and essential oils if you want a full on pamper session. Whatever your wish, HE’S THE GOAT. He is worth the train ride, the cab fare or the UBER fee. Just go!
Staff at Manhattan Plaza Health Club is great and very accommodating.Written 25 February 2022
- Many trainers are experts on fitness and exercise. What sets Momentum apart is that they are truly concerned about your progress towards your goals. Marco has made it his personal mission to make sure that I reach my ideal weight. Not only does he vary our workouts to make sure I'm receiving the optimum benefits from the exercise, but he also fixed the nagging pain in my lower back that I've been dealing with for years now.
Essentially, he has changed my outlook on exercise; I used to think that it was optional, but because of Marco, I realized that exercise and smart eating are mandatory in order to be an active, healthy person. It takes a special trainer to change someone's perception, and Marco and his team at Momentum are exactly that.Written 18 August 2014
- I wanted to try something like this for a long time so I booked a private session after finding it on google maps as it was near my hotel whilst visiting NYC for work. At first I was skeptical about the methods my instructor was using but after the first session I immediately felt the results. I ended up going for 5 more private sessions and have learnt so much! I'm still continuing the exercises and techniques and I'm finding it so much easier to handle stress and find calmness. Moreover my hip is more flexible and am feeling so much more aligned! The belly button healing actually works! Thank you Geum, you have truly improved my life!Written 13 February 2019
- This was an amazing experience! I went in for 2 classes during my week in NYC, and will discuss each below:
First, an intermediate conditioning class; super intense, but in the best way. Despite the girl on reception being, frankly, pretty rude, the trainer could not have been more friendly and encouraging. The other 'athletes' were extremely welcoming, and supportive. It really was an 'everyone wants everyone to win' vibe. The class was challenging, but the trainer was sure to ask whether anyone was injured, and was happy to make adjustments where possible to support those who were injured. Sick playlist, and just a great facility overall.
The second class I attended was a lower strength day. While this was enjoyable, I will say it was not my preferred way to train. I strength train solo at home, and while I prefer to do HIIT/conditioning in a pair or group, lifting alone is 100% more my thing. Once again, the trainer could not have been better, and the girls i was grouped with were so lovely. But, due to the nature of training in groups, there was not enough time to fit in sufficient volume, and rest periods were far longer than I'd have liked.
Overall, I loved my experience at Tone House - if i find myself back in the city (which I very much hope I do), I'd certainly book in for another conditioning class, but I would give the strength sessions a miss based on my own preferences.Written 10 June 2022
- We went to Soul cykle during our Christmas/New years stay in NY. This spinning studio is so much fun, the staff is wonderful, Tramwell ( one of the instructors) have the best energy in the world!
Can really recommend this place even if the price is a little higher than other gyms!Written 3 January 2019