- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
276 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 276
What travellers are saying
- No doubt you've seen the iconic photos, paintings, videos of the winter scene of ice skaters on Wollman Rink (its official name). There also have been multiple films with this rink as a backdrop.
We walked by the rink in late March and there were still ice skaters having fun on the rink. While not quite as iconic, it still was a pleasant view and still stood out even without the snow and cold. You can take a leisurely walk by for free. Let your imagination run free if you do this in the off season.
It's located on the north tip of "The Pond as you enter Central Park from the corner of West 59th and 5th Avenues. It's one way of starting your own walk.
Be sure to see Gapstow Bridge on your left just before you reach the ice rink. If you visit even in late March you just may still get that classic photo op yourself.Written 9 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Note that this is located in the wrong place on Trip Advisor. It’s a great venue for activities and for people that enjoy sports.Written 5 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is the highly controversial ice rink that is known as the Trump or the Woolman Rink. Believe many of the workers did not get paid.Written 12 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great area for younger kids with the swings and slides. Bigger kids and bored parents can frighten their parents/partners by climbing on the huge rock formations. Worth an hour.Written 20 February 2020
- Took the NY Bar Exam in this location. It was very spacious. Despite how many people where there, did not feel too hot nor too cold.Written 4 June 2019
- Wonderful Park in Upper Manhattan with an incredible BMX trail/track. Terrific for both kids and teens. Highly recommend!Written 26 April 2021
- It really is a wonderful park with great views and lots of things to do. However, it sits on top of a sewer treatment plant and sometimes you get a whiff of that smell. It is on the river so you do get a breeze to cut down on any smell.Written 15 July 2019
- Not as nice as Belmont or Saratoga but always a great time. I'm more into harness racing and prefer the Meadowlands.Written 11 July 2018
- My 6-year old loves this park! Especially because it had water on a hot afternoon & lots of children to play with. He was so excited about all the secret passages, climbing & other activities.Written 7 July 2022
- I was always curious to go to the top of the observation tower, but unfortunately, it was closed for maintenance. The observation tower was located atop a large rocky structure which a person may ascend or descend. The park had numerous gathering spots, such as: the basketball courts and the playgrounds. Many individuals were blasting their radios. It was not too crowded when I went there on an early Thursday afternoon in July, but I do not think that I would feel safe in that environment at night.Written 21 July 2022
- I walked past this playground on my way to the bus stop. Nice and well maintained. Plenty of families with young children enjoying the chilly, brisk spring day. I would definitely take my kids here for play dates if we lived un the area.Written 24 April 2021
- It's located in the busy area of the financial district, so air was filled with lots of exhausts, it was especially notisable in the hot day.
It's not your average playground, but there are so many great playgrounds in parks. Maybe it worth visiting once or if you leave in the close proximity.
It was also very crowded for a weekday - can only imagine the weekend crowds.Written 13 August 2014
- Save yourself a lot of wasted time and bring a padlock with you! Wish we knew this before we arrived as you are promptly sent away if you don’t have one. Even if you arrive in just swim shorts and shoes as you have to put your shoes in a locker. We saw one guy turned away whose only personal possession was a wallet because he didn’t have a padlock. If you don’t bring one with you expect a ten minute round trip and a $5 outlay on a padlock if you want to enter. Security is strict!
There’s nothing except a towel allowed by the pool so don’t expect to be able to read a book or listen to music etc. The lifeguards are also very strict - there’s lots of ‘rules’.
On the plus side it’s a nice pool to cool down in the hot sun and it’s free!Written 27 August 2018
- I loved how this playground was built into the natural surroundings with the stone slides. The replica of the stone bridge is adorable and I bet the water feature is fun for the kids in the summer. This was a nice diversion for our son as we walked through the park.Written 9 December 2019
- A great place to ice skate in the city. Rentals possible
Great place for a party. Can handle a large group in a comfortable lounge with very good Italian fare. Chicken and pasta!
Tournament was well organized and supervised
A professional organization.Written 9 March 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about New York City
- These experiences are best for fun & games in New York City:
- Drunk Shakespeare Ticket Vaccination Required
- Blue Man Group at the Astor Place Theater in New York
- Stand Up Comedy LIVE in Times Square At Broadway Comedy Club
- LOL Comedy Lounge in Times Square
- Broadway Comedy Club