- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Nature & Parks
Nature & Parks
8 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Our ship docked in Brooklyn right on the harbor, so from our balcony we could admire the Statue of Liberty and the skylines of Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Jersey City. Long been an important part of the commerce of the region, also a transport hub. Now holds lots of natural beauty.Written 1 January 2022
- Our bike tour stopped here. It's a great view of the city from the park. We had great weather that day and this was an enjoyable stop.Written 22 April 2022
- One of the sites in Central Park, we gazed at it on our big walk around the major sites. The city is so lucky to have this great resource right in the middle of so much dense development.Written 30 November 2021
- We came upon this beautiful pond in Central Park and it was so lovely . We sat on a bench and enjoyed watching the kids operate remote control sail boat on the pond which can be rented for $12 for half hour. On the side of the pond you can get food and drinks there also. Lovely site. Enjoy and thank me later.Written 24 July 2019
- Underrated & beautiful! Also found an African center with authentic west African cuisine, cafe, and books right across the street!Written 11 September 2019
- The turtle pond in Central Park is a nice sizeable pond. Like many aspects of Central Park l, natural approach is favoured. Excellent.Written 6 February 2022
- Great place for natural outdoor fun. We like to pack some snacks or a picnic and spend the day fishing and swimming. There is a rope swing not far down the creek. Many birds including various water fowl can be seen. We have caught small mouth bass, rock bass, perch, and carp. Plenty of parking and if you kayak there is easy water access close to parking.Written 27 July 2017
- Don't miss the West Harlem Piers Park at the end of 125th Street near the new extension of the Columbia Campus. It has the most breathtaking views of the Hudson River and the Palisades, the coolest breezes on a hot day and a nice place to sit down.
There is some interesting art work in the park that you should see and it is a nice place to take your lunch and eat it by the river. It is just a nice place to relax and enjoy the views.Written 6 July 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about New York City
- These are the best places for kid-friendly bodies of water in New York City:See more bodies of water for children in New York City on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking bodies of water in New York City:See more bodies of water for couples in New York City on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly bodies of water in New York City:See more budget-friendly bodies of water in New York City on Tripadvisor