Not only did he jeopardize the health of every guest on our bus, he responded to my complaint with a verbal confrontation in a loud and hostile tone.
All the other ski bus services in the New York area are operated by friendly people conscious of basic COVID protocols. OvRRide, Snow Bus, Sourced Adventures, Comfort-Ski are all very good options. Other reviewers have shared similar stories regarding this company's unfriendly behavior towards guests.
Back to the main point: the tour operator was not wearing a mask while speaking to each person on the bus, and clearly without any social distancing. This employee told us his name is Paul.
These are the events that occurred on my trip with this company on 2/14/21:
- 6:45am: as soon as my girlfriend and I boarded the bus, Paul yelled at my girlfriend in an impatient and dismissive tone because he was annoyed she gave him my name instead of hers. This was our first time using this service, so how are we supposed to know what information you wanted, and why did you snap at us over something so trivial?
He also had a very rude and impatient tone with the family who boarded before us, for a similarly trivial reason.
- 6:45am to 8:45am: while the bus was in transit, Paul would stand up and speak to the passengers without having a face mask on.
- 8:55am: passengers were de-boarding the bus, and Paul was speaking to each guest for role call. He had no face mask on while speaking with them. Each guest was 1 ft away from him. When he spoke to me, I told him assertively that I was very upset that he is not wearing his mask. It is a global pandemic and you are speaking with people in a cramped bus, which was also nearly full capacity.
- ~2:30pm: I emailed a complaint to Urban Sherpa Travel about Paul's behavior. I asked that they tell Paul to wear a face covering and asked for a refund due to his behavior and a separate issue regarding receiving the wrong ticket for the resort (which did end up being resolved). But regarding Paul's behavior, they replied with something suggesting that if they were to issue my refund, I would not be allowed on the bus back.
- 4:15pm: my girlfriend and I boarded the bus and sat down. Paul walked slowly towards me and unzipped his jacket in a seemingly taunting way, and then made hard physical contact with me knee while passing me. He then started yelling at us, saying something along the lines of 'did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?' And continued a teasing and mocking verbal abuse. He said something along the lines of 'I'm going to blow my nose, is that okay? I hope I don't die or kill anyone here'. He also yelled at me demanding me to acknowledge that the confusion with the resort ticket was my fault.
- 4:30pm: I sent another email to the business owner. No reply from them to date.
- ~5:00pm: Paul continues to mock me in front of everyone by wearing his mask in a goofy fashion, covering his eyes while showing his mouth. He made eye contact with me in way that clearly seemed to be in attempt to intimidate me.
There you have it. Despicable behavior from a business ostensibly run by thugs who refuse to accept a complaint regarding abiding by the most basic of COVID-19 safety. They violated their own safety policies written on their website and antagonized their guests.
Note to the business owner: I welcome you to respond to my review, as you have left me hanging on my emails to you.