What travellers are saying
- Awesome time and spectacular experience. My only criticism was the young people who were working the day I went were too interested other friends than to give us information. We saw the organ and hoped we would hear the music .when we were leaving we asked if they ever play the music and we found out it plays every 5 minutes but it has to be activated by an employee. There were four employees when we were there ignoring our attempts to get info about the organ and we finally left. It was disappointing that we could have heard the organ play.Written 28 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We really enjoyed the hike; just the right amount of exercise for a morning. The views from the top of Stony Man were fantastic - and we were rewarded further with the sight of two eagles soaring overhead.Written 11 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had a great time at this car museum. The vintage cars were beautiful. We highly recommend visiting this place if you love cars. It was like going back in time.Written 26 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Horses were old and mellow. We had a great time going through the woods at a slow pace. It was fun to experience these majestic animals. We were able to pet them beforehand and I scratched one and almost put it to sleep. There were about 8 in our group, so it was a nice and small group.Written 31 October 2023
- Had the pleasure of hearing Cooter's garage band play. Cooter himself was there! Totally unique experience. All the cars out front. Great pics.Written 19 November 2023
- Well-manicured walking path with gorgeous scenery and outlook at the end! It was so quiet and peaceful. The leaves changing colors added beauty to our experience on our morning walk with our dogs. Perfect for all ages and walking ability and handicap accessible.Written 21 October 2023
- After visiting Luray Caverns in the morning, my husband and I headed into the town to grab a bite to eat and also for a nice afternoon walk. We parked in the Ruffner Plaza parking lot right off of W Main Street. You will see a Hawksbill Greenway welcome sign (one of many on the greenway) and also a large color coded map. You can immediately start walking right after you park. According to my Apple Watch, the entire loop was a little more than 3 miles. At one point, you cross a street to continue on the loop which is marked with colors on the pavement that correspond to the map.
There are plenty of memorial benches, flowers, wildlife (so many ducks!), porta potties, and murals along the way. We also saw fishermen, families wading in the water, and several cows. Overall a very pleasant, scenic, and easy/flat walk. Recommended for Pokémon Go players!Written 14 July 2023
- Started our weekend in Luray with a stop here at River Hill. So glad we did! We felt like family, greeted and welcomed warmly. If you aren’t into fruit wines, don’t come for the wine, but it was delicious! We bought a bottle of the strawberry to go; it made a great dessert later in the weekend. The whiskey, bourbon, and more (!) were wonderful, and this coming from someone who normally doesn’t like hard liquor. Thanks, Fred, for convincing me the good stuff doesn’t have to burn! :)Written 22 May 2022
- Today we drove through Skyline Drive. We are staying nearby soon we could easily access the park. The day started out grey but that didn't deter us. The leaves are mid-change and the mountains look wonderful. If you have sensitive ears, this will be torture for you. My ears and head hurt from the elevation and winding and it's been that way for 5+ hours now. Take Dramamine or other anti-nausea meds to reduce the feeling.
Saw many people out with their dogs today and that was a highlight.Written 18 October 2023
- Just enjoyed our second visit to the Warehouse Art Gallery which is an awesome combination of sight and sound! If you have ANY interest at all in any of the Arts, do yourself a favor and visit this wonderful Gallery! There is no charge to get in and browse around but there is a jar for donation at the door. PLEASE throw some money in when you exit so this Gallery can keep going. It's a VERY cool place!Written 1 September 2022
- Nice brewery right down the road from the Luray Caverns. We got a four pack on the way to the National Park. Friendly staff and good choice of beerWritten 29 October 2023
- First...it's not the big city zoo's....and to me that is fine. Most of these animal's are rescued animals that were pets. The owner knows alot about the care of animals that were pets and what would happen if you put these once pets in with wild animals...or in with other pets...it would not be a good thing.
My wife and I took the Discovery Tour and we were so glad we did. The reptiles on display is stellar because there are some I have never even heard of or seen before at big zoo's. We love being able to ask questions about the animals and getting answers where as at some bigger zoo's no one is found to ask.
It was so cool to pet a porcupine named Cuddles....feed Capuchin monkeys and a Lemur....be sure to see the Condor (a big and beautiful bird). Won't forget this place.Written 3 June 2021
- Since it was included in the price of the caverns we visited the museum. It was small but had a lot of artifacts. Outside are six or so historic buildings that have been moved to the site, preserving them for future generations to see.Written 30 April 2022
- Loved all the little shops combined into one. A lot of things you don't always see in some shops. Reasonable prices on numerous things. So happy we stopped by. Found it while driving around touring Luray.Written 28 June 2021
- I went around the singing tower and look. Not much to see but a tower and didn't hear it sing,,,,but still interesting.Written 10 January 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Luray
- The best day trips from Luray according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Shenandoah National Park Self-Driving Audio Tour
- BEST Luray Caverns and Shenandoah Skyline Drive All-Day Tour
- Luray Caverns, VA Private Tour
Luray Attractions Information
|Friday 3:51 am|