- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 50
What travellers are saying
- Great place for some sunset drinks right on the beach. We also had some food here, the TomYam soup was really delicious. The rendang was ok only. The bar was busy and fun in the evening too- a good spot for the eveningWritten 17 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Took awhile to locate the door to the bar, full house at 930pm however fortunately got a seat. This hidden bar consists of 2 units with a walkway in between. Live band in 1 unit and the cocktail bar counter in the other unit.
Mandarin oriental vibes permutes throughout this joint - the interior, decor, lighting and waitress dress code (cheongsum). Love the vibes! Mandarin live band was amazing! In between sets, the DJ spinning is 👍🏼
Cocktails (RM45-62 per cocktail) were well balanced and innovative. All the cocktails we ordered were good - the Yuzu whiskey sour takes a slightly different style of the usual lemo whiskey sour which had more depth to it. Cixi’s opium puff as the name suggested was served with smoke released from a burning cinnamon kept on the glass and in a bell jar - 100% for esthetic and instagrammablity. The Dried grapes Negroni and Penang mule were slightly different renditions of the usual Negroni and Moscow mule.
Food offerings wise were more of finger food with a twist.
Grilled mussels with breadcrumbs were good. Siew mai infused with truffle oil was yummy when ate hot.
Btw, have to give it up to their marketing for the WiFi name “OrderFirst_WifiLater” 😂
Highly recommended for everything - ambience, cocktails, food, live bands, DJ.Written 15 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A small place that was packed to the rafters every Friday when RAAF Butterworth was in full
Swing but now sadly quietYes was quiet but wonderful service and history is fantastic photos and memorabilia well worth a visitWritten 26 May 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Rasa Sayang resort team (at every level) have been a beacon of smiles and superb service during this week that we’ve spent with them. They’ve made a difficult situation as bearable as was possible and all done with the upmost professionalism.
Whilst we’ve only been able to order room service, the food has been beautifully presented and very tasty too.
The room teams have been speedy and efficient and always with a smile, which was ver much appreciated.
Thank you again for all of your help with everything.Written 21 March 2020
- A beautiful night club in Penang road, just opposite E&O HOTEL.
The theme is old Shanghai, a lot of glass traditional neon to be seen.
The waitress here are pretty too. The music become louder after 10-11pm.
Good place for partyWritten 20 August 2022
- Bespoke bar not so hidden from the main door & gate as the music was bursting 😂
Cocktails were great and had interesting names.
Had their special cocktail - xiao lung nu (小龙女) which was vodka, apricot liquor and pink dragon fruit.
Their new old fashioned was a special rendition of the usual - bourbon whiskey, stout and bitters.
Music wise more like a club. Saw tables playing dices and cards.Written 15 July 2023
- Nicely & wowly decorated bar, check out their 3 giant cyperpunk yet futuristic lantern.
The alcohol price is reasonble [RM300++] for 24 bottle of beer.
Never try The hotpot yet.
Good Job golden stag, bringing penang tourism into more sexy way.Written 9 September 2022
- Friendly & professional staff, surprisingly good cocktails (better than some of those “hidden bars”)—even the tiger bottles were fresher than other places I’ve gone toWritten 24 July 2023
- Although this is predominantly a wine place, i believe if you ask them nicely, you can probably order some food from the German restaurant next door and have them delivered over to go with the wine. Nice ambience and friendly staff indeed.Written 19 August 2016
- Absolutely loved the unpretentious vibe here. The staff were really friendly and accommodating. the drinks were superb, and very creative. Affordable too! $45rm per drink from what i saw in the menu. You can request non menu items as well, if they have the ingredients on hand.Written 9 July 2023
- Very relaxing atmosphere in this Four points by Sheraton "lobby bar" Friendly girl as a bartender, great weekly offers for beer and coctails. Also you can eat dinner here too. TV sets and music but not too loud at you can still here your conversation.Written 2 May 2018
- A reasonable bar with a happy hour where you can sit outside and watch the world go by.
Decent food is served and delivered from Ryan's around the cornerWritten 20 February 2018
So many activity we can do here.
The charchoal self barbeque is a must try, u cant get this experice in other places.Written 9 September 2022
- Great local pub close to Love Lane, with a relaxed atmosphere. Owner very knowledgeable of the area and happy to provide advice and a friendly chat!Written 29 March 2014
- Was last here with some friends and was a great venue to chill out and enjoy some light moment. Love the vibe here.
What I love most is that in the morning, across the street, there is a great coffee shop that sell my favorite prawn noodle, abom (on a bicycle), Penang curry mee and great coffee also. Must tryWritten 29 January 2015
Frequently Asked Questions about Penang Island
- These are the best places for couples seeking nightlife in Penang Island:See more nightlife for couples in Penang Island on Tripadvisor