- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- I read many reviews and initially I wasn't going to check it out as I was staying around a km further up the road. However, I decided to go and at least have something for dinner at Long Beach complex.
Plenty of food stations with numerous choices of dishes to choose from at very good prices.
There were quite a number of stalls along the road, enough to make a visit worthwhile. Though I felt most of the goods available I had already seen in Georgetown.
Glad I made the effort.Written 15 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Locals shop here for fish, chicken, vegetables and fruits as there are no supermarkets in the idyllic residential neighborhood by the long clean beach. The fishing village next to the Floating Mosque guorantees fresh catch. There is also a large food court and a new recycling facility in the complex.Written 8 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This open market is near to the lower entrance of Kek Lok Si and is pretty interesting. Not only is it a wet market it has fruit and food stalls and not forgetting local productsWritten 2 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A native friend recommended this market to go to for the best breakfast duck kway teow (flat rice noodles - gluten free) soup at only 6RM! There were also other local delicacies to enjoy like penang laksa, char kway teow, poh piah etc. Old school biscuit standWritten 1 October 2022
- Mainly kaftans and batik are sold in the old fashioned market in front of Indian Mydin budget store. The practical house dresses come in many different qualities, the cheapest are in bulk printed polyester and the better in viscose with big flower motives, rarely nowadays handpainted. For real silk you have to look in speciality shops.Written 9 February 2023
- Farlim Night market is a best place to try delicious and savory food in Penang Island. There are many types of food to try. If you are in Penang you must come to Farlim Night Market because it is also one of the biggest night market.Written 5 November 2019
- Large night market. Lots of food. Both sides of the street. Around corners. Go for a walk and see it all.Written 20 January 2020
- Quite frequent went there with my friend. Alot of choices. Range from nasi lemak to roti canai, char kuew tiow, nasi set for ikan bawal and my spot is half boiled eggs with beans and toasted bread.
The smells and the way they mix it. Suite my taste buds. The price is generous and the ambience is awsome.
Normally pack in the morning amd super pack during weekend.Written 1 October 2020
- It is a busy street just of Penang Road. You will find ample food stalls/ shops on either side of the road. It is quite tourist area so the food is a bit expansiveWritten 13 September 2023
- Went there by hired cab. They have selling tradition delicious foods.. will come again... like it very muchWritten 9 March 2020
- Good local morning market. Coffee shop with hawker stalls on both sides. Loved the soya milk lady and the kuih lady.Written 23 January 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Penang Island
- These are the best places for kid-friendly flea & street markets in Penang Island:See more flea & street markets for children in Penang Island on Tripadvisor