- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
What travellers are saying
- The cemetery visit is like going back in time when the first European settlers who came here and are buried there in their graves can be learnt of all those who established Penang as the fourth Presidency ogf East India Company beside Calcutta ,Madras and Bombay ..Written 15 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our family was greeted by 2 Indian caretakers. One of them showed us the oldest grave and the latest grave. Then we just walked around on our own looking at the interesting shapes of the tombstones of this Jewish cemetery. I wished there was a write-up about this cemetery and the history behind it at the cemetery for greater understanding of this historical site. I read in another website that this is the largest Jewish cemetery in Asia.Written 20 February 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Quite an old cemetery at Western Rd lots of old and new graves. My visit was to locate Australian and British soldiers graves who lost their lives during the Malaysian Emergency, in aircraft crashes or road accidents.
Parking is quite difficult inside the cemetery and you are better off parking just outside the entrance. Roads are extremely narrow inside.
Well cared for graves and the local workers are quite knowledgeable on particular graves.
Be aware that the street address in the website is not the location of the entrance to the cemetery.Written 7 April 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Penang Island
- These places are best for cemeteries in Penang Island:See more cemeteries in Penang Island on Tripadvisor