Points of Interest & Landmarks • Waterfalls
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
3 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- After posting another review on Tripadvisor, I happened on the previous reviews of this waterfall from another reviewer. Well, I googlemapped it and it turn out to be about 1.6 kilometers from the hotel we were staying. I figured out a route along the beach, turned into the main road and crossed it, turned left at an Indian restaurant and found the unmarked road that led into the jungle.
We hiked a few hundred meters up a gravel road. Yes, there were several unfinished construction sites along the gravel road and some trash but the walk was pleasant enough.
After about 400 meters from the road, there was a house with some barking dogs, a small old rusting bridge, the road turned into a swampy trail. My girlfriend and I managed to avoid the boggy parts and advanced up the rocks, following the stream to the waterfalls and there was no one there. It was pretty. There were some macaque monkeys chattering in the distance but they left us alone.
We didn't take a dip but we just lounged around and enjoyed the butterflies and dragonflies as the dipped around the waters around our feet. Really nice secluded spot. Highly recommended if you are staying around this area.Written 29 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This nice little attraction off the main inland road heading to Batu Ferrengi is one of those you could easily miss. As such it is not as developed as other attractions, therefore you need to keep an eye on the kids when visiting here.Written 26 January 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- 📍Teruna Dara Waterfall, Balik Pulau
The existence of this waterfall was entirely BRAND NEW to me! 💦🤽♀️
I stumbled across a post on this hidden gem in Facebook, and immediately made plans to find it the next day.
Located in Balik Pulau, Teruna Dara Waterfall is a scenic sight to behold. From that height, one can appreciate the view of Balik Pulau, and even take in the view of the Andaman Sea at the distance. The waterfall is small yet gently majestic, with a little pool for a quick dip in at the base. Cool waters from the mountain, untainted and fresh, flow generously. Go up higher and in 15 minutes, you will find partitioned pools made of cement just for swimming.
-Search for 'Sekolah Sungai Rusa' in Waze
-Go to the right end of the school, and there is a road one can drive in to.
-Go as deep in as possible. Ask locals for directions, because really, it'll be really tricky to find without a guide!
-I actually bumped into two kids, in which I gave them both a tip for being our tour guides to the waterfall. No regrets! 🤼
-Once your car is parked, head up. There is a road that leads all the way to the waterfall, where even cyclists can attempt to go using mountain bikes.
-The journey should take about 30-40 minutes.
-Be aware that on a rainy day, the tarred road is partially mossy can be slippery.
It's really hard to describe the directions using words, but you could always call Naim, a 12 year old local boy who led me there!
Be generous and give these young gentleman what you think is due for being tour guides.
Alternatively, you can always PM us (Docs On Vacay) for directions. I plan to go again when the time permits 😄Written 11 November 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Penang Island
- These places are best for waterfalls in Penang Island:See more waterfalls in Penang Island on Tripadvisor