Visitor Centres • History Museums
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
5 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- We've booked the Hard Knock for family activity on Tuesday 31 December 2019, 10 am shuttle bus pick up from Westin hotel. (Free), workshop started at 10:45 am (booked for 10:30 am but due to the shuttle bus delayed) then we had a guided tour with a great staff Mr. Ravi. Awesome experience touring around the facility and history lessons of Malaysia.
Also had a wonderful experience at the Visitor Centre Store there. A Sales Ms. Zoey Teh was super helpful all along even though I didn't show any sign of buying anything for the first 20 minutes of browsing. Explaining to me most of the pieces I was looking at. Eventually I've bought the Limited Edition of #67 / 300 Iron Man statue. a bit pricey but it's a once a life time purchase and probably won't be available after this trip.
Had a quick lunch at the Cafe, Great Pasta and kids friendly. We then had a free shuttle bus back to Hotel at around 2 pm.
Overall I highly recommended to make your way to do the Hard Knock Workshop, and buy your favorite piece from the store. We will definitely visit again on our next trip to KL for sure.
Again we would like to thank Mr. Ravi for the tour, and Ms. Zoey Teh for her fantastic service.Written 6 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Its not often that a lounge staff would multi-task and during these troubled times it seems to be needed because lack of staffing and also due to lack of passengers.
Our time here passed very comfortable with Melvin at the check in counter, serving and checking every couple of minutes to ask if we needed anything else... this never happened at KLIA and I am very pleased that he took the extra mile to do so.
Food is great although because of the COVID period the buffet has been replaced with an order method. Even so, the Hainanese Chicken Rice is still the signature menu for the Penang Lounge. Probably the only irk is the missing pastries that i miss so much at the Plaza Premium Lounge. Maybe they’ll come back soon!Written 1 September 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Food are average but front desk receptionist is very friendly and helpful. A great to rest and relax before taking our flight.Written 29 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Very cool and unique place. This place very suitable to study and do some assignments. The view also nice.Written 17 June 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- They have a small library with the good selection on heritage and culture of Penang and Malaysia. Also the highlight is their model (diorama) of Unesco Heritage zone of George Town.Written 12 October 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Penang Island