Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
25 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Very nice and traditional place to visit. Lots of little bars and cafe's and places to buy gifts.
The views are amazing of the sea and other islands.Written 9 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our hotel was actually above Loisi beach which turns into Afitos beach as you walk along the coast.My first impression was YUK but we came to enjoy the area.In parts there are very many sunbeds,too many,and the beach bar blasts out loud music.You can hire a sunbed for a cost of 9 euros minimum spent on drinks or food.We preferred to place our mats on a sandy patch away from the sunbeds and noise.
To get in the water rocks have to be crossed.Once used to it especially when wearing sunglasses you can see paths between the rocks making an easier access against climbing across the rocks.Once through the water is beautiful and clear and the bottom is all sand.The bay itself is pretty with views of foliage and hills.The water was not too cold in June.Written 7 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This church kept popping up when we looked at pictures before visiting. Very cool looking outside and in, and in the heart of the action in Aftyos, which is an amazing village in Halkidiki. You could make a donation or light a candle when you went inside. We choose to just observe on our visit but really neat.Written 18 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful long beach, sand some rock and calm gently shelving entry into the sea. Colours are Caribbean- blues, turquoise green. Sun beds available at beach bar and Taverna, free for the price of a drink or meal.Written 1 June 2019
- The museum, we discovered, seems to be open most evenings during the summer. The is a 2 euro charge but it was quite interesting to see the artifacts in the different rooms. The young girl at the entrance told us a bit abut the history of the property and we were able to imagine the family living there. There were a number of costumes and linens on display as well as tools and household items. It is only a very small museum and incredibly hot! Worth a look.Written 1 September 2019
- We spent a day on S/Y Sirena with Sven and it was absolutely amazing! We were with two other groups but there was more than enough space for all of us, not cramped or packed in! Sven took us sailing down the coast of Kassandra, making sure we were all safe and out of the way whilst he was sailing the yacht and hoisting the sails up and down. The boat itself was kept impeccably and Sven explained everything before we got on board which was perfect for someone like me who had never been on aboard a sailing yacht before!
We stopped in the most beautiful locations for swimming - the scenery in particular was second to none and testament to Sven’s knowledge of the local area. There were also paddbleboards available during the swim stops, which provided great entertainment for both adult and kids!!
Sven was the perfect host, preparing sandwiches for lunch and making sure there were fresh juices and water were available all day.
All-in-all a fabulous day on the water, which my whole family agreed was the best day of our holiday in Halkidiki and I would throughly recommend to anyone in the area!Written 11 August 2022
- We call them for our trips in the area. Great service, nice cars. Would not use anyone else. Their English is very good and they gave us some great restaurant recommendations.Written 10 August 2022
- Great location. Great bar. Delicious food. We went here twice on our 10 night holiday. Vegetarian bowl fab. Pizzas and burgers also delicious. Recommended.Written 4 August 2022
- We did the Bulli Safari with Mira on 6th September and we had a very enjoyable day.
Mira is a great host, she is friendly, informative and has a great sense of humour.
On reading other reviews it seems that Mira varies the itinerary so the Bulli Safari could also be classed as a mystery tour.
Lunch was a lovely picnic consisting of bread with a selection of cold meze and Greek salad. Although Mira supplied drinks with lunch I would suggest taking a drink with you for during the day.
Highly recommend.Written 19 September 2018
- Great bar. Lovely cocktails- some even with sparklers! Also a great spot to stop for a drink when out shopping in lovely Afytos. Recommended.Written 4 August 2022
- We spend most days at the Lime Beach Bar (when not sitting around the pool at the sister hotel of the White suites where the beach bar is located). This place is stunning and everything we wanted in a beach and bar area. The sunbeds were hugely comfortable and the girls who looked after you on the beach were just the friendliest, nicest people you could ever wish to meet. The location is lovely and the sea was so clear, warm and beautiful that we spent a lot of time splashing around in it. Social distancing on the beach was rigorously enforced but the girls were very pleasant about it too. Then there was the bar itself. How the lovely bar man knew what I wanted to drink even before I had said it was just surreal (and I didnt have the same drink every day). We spent many happy hours at that beach bar watching the waves lap gently on the shore and just enjoying people watching. Again the staff clearly understand the concept of looking after the customer and do their very best to make sure that your stay is enjoyable and that you feel special. Big call out to Evi the manager who knew that we had not had the best start to our holiday and did everything she could for the whole of our holiday to get us the best experience ever. And guess what she succeeded, We will be back.Written 29 August 2021
- Great beach hopping trip, communication was excellent with Sven
Mira drive us to small secluded spots for swimming and took us to a lovely beach bar for lunch
Lots of swimming and even saw dolphins
Great trip - we’ll recommendedWritten 23 June 2022
- We needed an emergency dental visit in Moudania. The manager of this service, Vassily and the driver Theodoris could been more accommodating, courteous and professional. Been around the world and lived in many places but this difficult health event was made it feel like a stroll in the park. Wish other companies in other places would copy their style and acumen. A true credit to their community, Greece and especially the Thessaloniki region.Written 2 July 2021
- We love a G&T and found this place when we where here last year. We would order the same drink each night so the waitress got to know us and our drinks. They were made just how weekend them, loads of ice and premium Gin. The view over the bay was amazing to. All cocktails are half price up to 9pm.Written 5 September 2021
- Stopped here for lunch twice during our holiday. Crepes and toasted sandwiches delicious. Nice breeze on the upper deck.
Recommended.Written 4 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Afitos