Top Attractions in Gili Meno
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- I visited Gili Meno circa 2012… TripAdvisor won’t let me write a review that is that old (is this wrong?) but I had such a special experience there, I thought I would drop a quick note. Part of me does not want to share the secret place with anyone, to keep it sacred … But it’s pretty far away, and I think it’s OK to leave a review… It is such a tiny island. I am sure that anyone that would consider going there is a pretty off the beaten path traveler.
When I went to Gili Meno, it was an island, off of an island, off of an island. That particular experience taught me how to find places on a map, and just go there without even looking into it. It taught me how to really explore the world and find a tiny stretch of sand in the middle of a giant ocean.
I took a boat from Padngbai…and they make a couple of stops at these three Gili islands, and I just jumped off into the water with my backpack at the one that I liked. It turned out to be the quietest one and the best one for me.
I took some diving lessons and got deep water certified, from this very tiny dive outfit. I think maybe 30 people lived on the island, and two of them were dive instructors. And I just sat in this little hut on the beach, and walked down the sand to have dinner. It is such a small island you can walk across it. Just some simple sand paths. It was truly beautiful and wonderful, slow place.
I looked at the satellite pictures, and I can see that I just gotten somewhat more busy… compared to my visit where they were literally four shacks/huts on the whole island. But perhaps not much busier. I truly enjoyed my stay there.Written 25 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This place is amazing and worth every penny for all those who love to be in middle of nature and enjoy turtlesWritten 10 May 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Snorkeled from the beach got there just after 630am and the first boat was arriving at the same time. Didn't spoil the experience. My 5yo (good swimmer) snorkeled out with hubby (it's not too far out) and took a float. Loved it and swam around further till saw a turtle.Written 27 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wouldn't bother coming here unless you fancy a walk somewhere different and have time to spare. It was neither impressive or attractive.Written 27 October 2019
- Amazing dive operator in the heart of the Gilli Islands. We have been diving with James(owner) for years in Info and we’re so excited when he and his wife opened there shop a few years ago. They are an incredibly professional dive shop with a great boat and a real family feel. Their dive guides are all a lot of fun to hang out with and great at finding sharks, thanks Sunday! Highly recommend going with these guys if you are in the Gilli’s and looking for a personalised, friendly dive shop with a great boat! We can’t wait to go back.Written 28 September 2022
- I took the 6-hour introductory course for apnea/free diving course with Micka. The experience exceeded expectations. Micka was a skilled and experienced teacher who communicated clearly and was very encouraging and supportive. The first two hours of the course were spent in a classroom learning the theory of free diving; the next hour in the pool practicing; and then 2+ hours out on the water diving down to 10m along a rope and then down to 9m at another spot with turtles. The experience was so positive that I was high from it for days (maybe it was the lack of oxygen---haha). In seriousness, I was really impressed with how well the course was run and how professional Micka was. He also took pictures of our dives and emailed them to us. If I had had more time on Gili Air, I would have continued with the certification course.Written 23 April 2020
- We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Divine Divers. The staff always has a smile and are so friendly. The resort is small so you feel like everyone is there to make sure you have a great holiday. The diving is fantastic, our guide Momo showed us both large and small creatures and took such good care of us. The restaurant makes tasty food and again, the staff there are top notch. Nice pool, clean and comfortable rooms, beautiful views all day long.Written 11 September 2022
- The team is super-professionnal, taking extra-care of stressed people who did not dive for a while.
They are flexible, material is up-to-date and in a good shape.Written 26 July 2022
- Marvellous experience for snorkelling (turtles) Many thanks for the organisation and the info. Very kindWritten 15 September 2022
- We had a really good time with Zaen and his horses, a truly magical moment. You can feel how passionate and caring he is to his horses and it's heartwarming.
Terima Kasih!Written 8 September 2022
- We went on two snorkeling trips with blue ocean. We stopped at four different places to snorkel and they were all great. The first stop we saw and swam with quite a few turtles. The guides were great at pointing them out to us. The coral at the wall and also near the shipwreck was so beautiful with lots of amazing colour. We were pleasantly surprised. Also had a decent size reef shark swim by us..great to watch. The guides were really helpful at pointing us towards certain corals, fish etc. The currents are fairly strong on Gili Meno but with the boat dropping you off and just drifting back towards them you felt comfortable and safe the whole time.Written 3 June 2019
- Even though we were on Gili Meno - walking distance to many of the dive and snorkelling sights, we did pay locals on the spot to take us out. (It was $15 each! IDR 150,000) It is slightly different going in from the boat and I think better as the walk around Gili Meno to all the different spots in not possible in a day for us.... As it is a long walk, in sand around the island and was bloody hot!
I would do again. Please note though, it is very difficult to get into the boats - very small and short, lose wooden ladder to get up. Just ask to see the ladder and the boat first to see if you have enough upper body strength and those with dodgy knees - think of other ways you can haul your butt out of the water! My armpits are still bruised!
Well worth it and I feel more critical about myself then of the boat and ladder!Written 28 October 2019
- We went on a sunset tour and we were all not very experienced. The horses are not too big, very well kept and have interesting personalities. The staff took very nice photos and videos of us and contributed to our experience in a very positive way with their fun chat. Just make sure you mention to them if you want to ride on the beach because otherwise you might end up only on the path.Written 12 January 2019
- I had a scrub and massage. It was really great! The girls are very friendly, the massage was just perfect and the beachside setting is beautiful. Really recommend it!.Written 28 December 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Gili Meno
- The best outdoor activities in Gili Meno according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Gili Meno on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Gili Meno according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Gili Island Snorkeling Trip - Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno, & Gili Air, From Lombok
- Private Tour Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno, and Gili Air (Depart Lombok/Gili T)
- Sharing Trip Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno, Gili Air (Snorkeling, Depart Lombok)
- Gili Trawangan,Gili Meno& Gili Air Island:Snorkeling Day Trip Depart from Lombok
- Snorkeling Trip to Gili Trawangan, Gili Air, & Gili Meno
- The most popular things to do in Gili Meno with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Gili Meno on Tripadvisor