Tours near Tweed
Book these experiences to see what the area has to offer.
What travellers are saying
- My Wife & I first visited here in 2019 BC (before Covid) for a short stopover, and were impressed with both the winery and grounds.
Yesterday, my Son visiting from Toronto and I visited, and were even more impressed. We were fortunate enough to be able to hear directly from Sandor about many of the anecdotes and history of the winery, and the making/naming of the wines, and even the incredible details of the bottle labels.
He is a tremendous storyteller, fueled by his passion and innovativeness for winemaking, and obviously loves to talk to people about it all.
I’ve never before visited a winery where the owner spent so much time with their customers and visitors, was so engaging, and so proud of their accomplishments.
Ask about “the Greatest Wine & Cheese Story Ever Told”, for a glimpse of Canadian and local history that is known by few Canadians.
BTW, the Portage Tawny “Port” style wine is outstanding, and the Cabernet Franc Rose’ is very nice, drinkable anytime.
The organic growing methods will no doubt appeal to a specific segment, (although not me personally), and my taste isn’t refined enough to distinguish if there is a difference.
Also check out the inside of the Winery, the washrooms; the general décor is quirky, imaginative and one of a kind.
Thank You Sandor for answering our questions, and for a memorable Father/Son afternoon on a beautiful late Summer Saturday.
If anyone who enjoys wine is in the area, passing through, staying locally, or even needing a short 35 minute break from the 401, do yourself a favour and turn north on Hwy 37 to stop by and see for yourself.Written 29 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I have visited this gallery many times, great assortment of art, crafts and gifts. Helpful / friendly owners and staff in a beautiful heritage building. Occasionally community events grace this space!Written 9 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A colorful, relaxing trail to enjoy an ATV experience. The trails are easy to navigate with a nice variety of scenery. We especially like to start in Stirling and venture to Tweed for lunch. This makes for a great day trip.Written 15 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This park is just a small park with a picnic area, a few walking trails and open areas surrounded by statues and monuments dedicated to world peace, war veterans and mothers of the world. It is well maintained and conveniently located right on the Trans Canada Highway (Highway #7) just a few miles west of Highway #37 which is about half way between Ottawa and Toronto. Perfect place to stop for a leg stretch.Written 20 July 2017
- A great new accessible playground was completed in late 2021, and provides a nice spot for a break by the lake for families. Chip truck, Pavilion, and boat launch/dock on Stoco Lake. Subway, gas and a convenience store across the road.Written 19 November 2022
- I’ve driven past on numerous occasions over the past 10 plus years, but only stopped last month. Now I’m kicking myself for lost opportunities. It’s a wonderful place for fabulous sculptures, ceramic pots and planters with prices from very affordable to “in my dreams if I win the lottery “. The range and selection is truly astounding, it will become my go-to destination for good value, quality and unique pieces. The owners are knowledgeable and approachable.
The place is quite “tardis” like, in that it is far larger inside than it appears from the outside. I’m only sorry that it’s takes me 10+ years to discover.Written 18 July 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Tweed
- The best outdoor activities in Tweed according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Tweed on Tripadvisor
Tweed Attractions Information
|Friday 5:47 am|