Popular things to do
- Cultural Tours
- 4WD Tours
- Day Trips & Excursions
- Food, Wine & Nightlife
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Sporting Events
- Tours & Sightseeing
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Water Sports
- Yoga Classes
- Ports of Call Tours
- Cruises, Sailing & Water Tours
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Walking Tours
- Shopping Tours
- Water Parks
Top Attractions in Chaweng
What travellers are saying
- nice beach, too many hotels on it, a long row of hotels, most of them very low level. centara reserve the only one high level. The beach is full of people in high season, due to the many hotels on it....some part are more empty and cleaner. The sea was calm and warm in August.Sandy so no much visibility but perfect to take a swim...in low tide is more like a bath tube but fine enought anyway.Written 16 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Visited this shopping centre today in Chaweng and was pleasantly surprised. It’s only two levels but there are a number of brand name and local shops as well as eateries there and it provides a welcome respite from the heat and humidity. The food court provides cheap food and there is a large supermarket selling a range of local and imported foods. I was impressed by the cleanliness of the toilets. Outside is a market with a number of stalls selling souvenirs and food/drinks and there are also shops across the road. There are also some cute ornamental monkeys around the place.Written 7 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was VERY hot in the evening. They sell drinks - take advantage of this. You can go 'vip' or cheap seats - we were in the cheap ones as we wanted the full experience and it was fine. Its an insight into the culture .Written 21 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A beautiful plain design of building. Little to distract from the centre of attention during a service. Service in Thai and English. A very warm welcome experienced.Written 23 October 2019
- While the immediate surroundings of the lake are beautiful (very European), the businesses around the lake itself -- go carts, bungee jumping, reggae bars, drinking bars have all seen better days. Lots of people jogging and the Warehouse is a great coffee stop while walking around the lake.Written 29 December 2021
- we expected to be a combination of outlet for known brands with Thailand prices.
we were disappointed the prices were more expensive than the regular prices in my countryWritten 22 October 2019
- Visited this shop on a friends recommendation. I was not disappointed. Needed a new made to measure business suit. Staff were friendly, professional and thorough. Measurements and two fittings later, I left with a beautifully made suit, with two shirts (also made to measure).
I look forward to placing more orders with them as they keep all my measurements to hand.
Well worth a visit and no high pressure selling techniques, so was always at ease and could take my time.Written 25 August 2022
- My wife and I enjoyed an incredible massage experience in the beautiful setting of the Sala spa. I had a traditional Thai massage from Kawfang, which was one of the best I’ve ever had! My wife had a relaxation massage from Mint and also raved about the experience. Can’t wait to go back!Written 27 September 2022
- My boyfriend and I booked a Thai cooking class which came out to about 2300 bht per person (with an additional 600 bht round-trip minivan which was optional from our resort in Bophut)
From the moment we arrived Chef Lat and her husband Cameron made us feel welcome. They gave us a tour of the hydroponic and aquaponic gardens they have cultivated through care and dedication to where everything they grow is self sustainable and almost 0 waste.
Then came the cooking classes which Chef Lat and her staff assisted and demoed for the days set menu (we had tom yum shrimp soup, shrimp pad thai, veggie spring roll and papaya salad). You learn the steps to make these recipes (including making your own curry paste and cream of coconut) and they do make some of the mis en place easier with having measured out some items (not all mind you).
Great way to spend about 3 or 4 hours. And you get to eat your hard work (it is delicious btw)
Fun activity for a group or a couple for sure.
They also have some spice blends for sale!
And Cameron's beautiful photo prints!Written 28 September 2022
- Meet Johnny and gave me some great advise, bought suit, sport jacket and three shirts, perfect fit and did it for short daysWritten 5 September 2022
- Have ordered a suit here and was satisfied from any point of you after only two fittings within 1 week. Good consulting, high quality, reasonable price. Can recommend the shop without any qualification.Written 10 April 2022
- The shop has a large selection of fabrics. The choice is overwhelming and I finally limited myself to 5 shirts.
The first shirt was made within 1 day as a sample. After the fitting session the other ones were made. The shirts have a perfect fit. I really appreciated the kindness and good advice of the owners. This is a professional place. Top quality and excellent service!!!Written 14 September 2022
- TL;DR;: Recommend!
First of all, Joseph, thank you for your work and the work of your team.
We were here at Sept. 2019. It was an unplanned visit a few days before the end of our holidays. We stopped near office entrance to ask about the route. And then we met Joseph.
Half an hour later we ordered a coat, suit and 5 shirts. On the second day we had the first check. Coat and suit draft's was good. And one shirt was ready.
On the third day we had the last check. Everything was ready. But I changed my mind a bit about the size of the shirts and asked Joseph to make them smaller. After that I ordered another 5 shirts.
By evening, the entire order was ready.
These guys work at an unbelievable speed. If I will be on Samui again, I will buy another suit))
PS: thanks for present ))Written 18 November 2019
- The Anantara Signature massage was sensational performed by Aon, my massage therapist. I felt weightless afterwards . Highly recommended!Written 17 September 2022
- Oscar and his team are one of a kind in excellence. They made suits, pants and shirts for my husband in 2019 to perfection, and when we returned in Sept 2022, we just had to go back. The fashion advise and choices are superb, he is a tailor to have on speed dial. Excellent work, thanks Oscar!Written 24 September 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Chaweng
- The best day trips from Chaweng according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Mr Ung's Jungle Safari Tours (including Lunch)
- Koh Samui Custom Sightseeing Tour with Private Guide
- Samui X Quad 4WD Buggy Tour with Lunch
- Samui X Quad ATV Tour (1 Driver) with Lunch
- 6 Hrs Off Road 4x4 Adventure of Hidden Gems In Koh Samui Hills