We have booked it through booking, they asked for a prepayment of 30%. We transfered 40%. The location is great, it is in the middle of lemon orchards. They have a great swimming pool, it looks like in Sri Lanka. The breakfast is very good, better then in other italian places. Really great place to spend time. Easy to access all the beaches from the sarroundings. 10-20 minutrs to drive and you have 5/6 beautifull spiaggias to see. Highly recommend to come and stay here.
The first thing to mention is the friendliness of Marco and his team. Couldn't be more helpful. The gardens and pool are lovely. The palm trees surrounding the pool must be a godsend in the hottest months. Peaceful location surrounded by lemon and olive groves. Ideal for families who want a quiet few days. Accommodation is modest but good value.
It's a small family run bed and breakfast that feels secluded and on a beautiful estate that grew oranges. There was also a pool, but during our stay, it was still drained as it was early May.
Our hosts were very welcoming and friendly, and they were very helpful with any questions we had.
Any meals that are prepared, such as the included breakfast, or whether you have dinner in their restaurant have a home-made touch and are a real treat!
While your in Avola, be sure to check out sunrise by Tonnaro di Avola!
Make sure you have your own transport if you book this place - the driveway is a 2 min drive.
The place is peaceful - the pool was being filled when we arrived and it took a day and a half to be filled - we used it but the water was freezing.
The room was clean - although we heard some noises in the night (like mice running on the ceiling) but they couldn't reach us from the roof as they have concrete on the wood so we didn't worry too much about that.
Only down side is that our shower was very very small - I barely could take a shower and my other half had to open the shower doors in order to shower properly.
We enjoyed the rest of our stay - although I wish that their restaurant was open as I would have liked to try it.
This is a small resort apparently run by a family. We had fun as it is not too crowded - we will consider to visit again when we are back in Sicily.
The good :
- Clean rooms
- Family oriented.
- Peaceful and quiet area
- convenient parking.
- potentially beautiful resort
- good value for money
- Room cleaned every morning (except for last 2 days see below)
- Fresh towels every morning (except for last 2 days see below)
The bad :
- Slightly neglected and shabby looking
- Reception was non existing - there were times when we tried to contact the hosts and they were not available...
- No internet throughout the whole week we stayed there and no attempt or interest to remedy this
- Being low season all amenities such as pool, restaurant bbq area were not operational
- According to our hosts, we were not entitled to a breakfast because we paid low season fares (but the lady host offered us coffees, croissants and cakes daily)
- Credit Card was not accepted when we wanted to settle the bill
- During the last two days it felt as if we were on the resort completely on our own. No one tried to clean our room or get us fresh towels.
- For the last night we had to ask for clean towels which the host gave us, however we were reminded that usually fresh towels are only distributed once every three days.
- The room has no tv, telephone, glasses, fridge, or any other amenity. It is best that you get your own phone and internet connection otherwise you will feel stranded