We loved our stay at the Surf Hotel - the people make it special, from Habib & his team, the instructors, the chefs, the yoga teacher Elena and the other guests we met.
The food is delicious, all fresh and healthy. The yoga classes are a great start and end to days spent surfing.
Our room was big, comfortable and spotlessly clean.
It was a great place to relax, we were both surfing novices and want to come back in future for more lessons!
The excellent reviews convinced me to book.
I just got back after ten days of perfect vacations.
- You're picked up at the airport with your name, no stress, all is taken care of until you reach the hotel
- The rooms are impeccable
- The amenities are great: terrace to lay on the sun, dining room with big tables, table tennis any time, several board games
- The view is stunning
- The food is delicious, healthy, good portion sizes and the friendly staff in the kitchen understand diet restrictions and make sure you get everything you ask
- The location is convenient: you walk 3 min and you have all shops, restaurants, cafes
- Great teacher adapting for all levels, also asking what we want during practice and adapting the sessions (acro yoga!)
- Super nice room fully equipped with mats, blocks, pillows
- The sunrise and sunset over the ocean during the morning and evening sessions are spectacular
- The team is fantastic. Everything is explained, you try wetsuits the day before, the instructor gives you the correct board for your level (and change when you improve)
- Warm up is done all together, then in the water there is one instructor for five people only. They help you recognize a good wave, position yourself to catch it nicely. And they push you if your speed is too low.
- The instructors provide all the time detailed feedback for helping you to improve
- Zero logistic: all material is provided, clean towels are freshly stacked for you every morning in the lobby for pickup
- There is your name on your lunch box ;)
- The planning of the day gives you time to enjoy everything, no rush ever
- The New Year Party was one of the best in my life with traditional musicians and dance demos, good DJs and (lots of) confettis!
- The evenings are spent on the terrace under a starry night sky with some card/board games all-together or music, or both ;-)
Everything was so great. Instructors are very kind and caring. The yoga lessons with Léo are so so excellent. The food is more than delicious. Habib the owner cares a lot about the guests and his team is caring each minute. The room is cleaned each day very well. Towels for the beach are at disposal each day. Beach umbrellas are installed on the beach so you can be protected...I can't tell each details because there are so many....Thank you to everyone for this wonderful week.
We booked our trip via emailing the hotel directly who responded to our questions promptly and got us booked in the same night. When we arrived in Agadir we were picked up at the airport with no issues. The hotel was pretty, had a gorgeous rooftop terrace, was always spotless and the junior suite was a lovely room with a view of the sea. As for the experience itself we couldn't think of a single flaw. We went surfing every morning and most afternoons. One day when the waves were too high the instructors took us skateboarding, so you're always kept active. Some evenings we received a feedback session where we reviewed photos of that day and received advice on how to improve. The surf instructors (& every member of staff at the hotel) were SO supportive and helpful and the photos taken were great. As for the food at this place, it was amazing! The menu varies each day but is always Moroccan cuisine and always delicious - the chefs are the best. Overall we had a perfect week with great people and will be returning next year!
We came across this hotel by accident and were very surprised.
First we were picked up from the airport in Agadir without any problems and on time. The check-in at the hotel was done quickly and we could go straight to our room. We had a small but nice and very clean apartment.
The nights in the apartment were very quiet because the main house was a few meters away.
Breakfast was a surprise every day. Freshly pressed fruit juice, pancakes, omelettes, bread with honey and jam and much more. The staff was always very friendly and if you had a wish, you never had to say it twice.
After breakfast we always went to different beaches to get the best waves for surfing. The surf instructors were really cool and were able to teach us a lot.
In the lunch break there was always food from the hotel. It was never necessary to go shopping somewhere. In the evening there was always a three course menu on the roof of the main house. The Moroccan food was fantastic and everybody got full. Whether vegetarian or not, it was cooked for both variations and served extra.
After the meal there were often small musical interludes on the roof terrace. Especially the New Year's Eve party was simply brilliant. If you didn't feel like surfing, you could make organized trips via the hotel, for example to Paradise Valley or Essaouira.
But above all, the people that one got to know in the hotel during the stay, whether staff or visitors, were of course important for the funny evenings.
When we had checked out of the hotel after a week, the hotel organized a taxi which took us to the next bus station, where we drove on to Marrakech.
By the way, bus travel in Marrokko is very cheap. A trip from Agadir to Marrakech with a fixed seat included in the bus ticket costs approximately 10€ and the bus connections are very punctual.
We have not regretted spending our Christmas holidays at The Surf Hotel Morocco and can only recommend it to everyone!