Upon arriving in the evening, we had a tough time guessing what the motel was going to be like. It was a fair size and in a seemingly decent neighborhood. The check-in process was straight forward and the man at the desk was nice although the other guests in the office checking definitely gave off a... shady vibe. When we headed up to our room we noticed that all the walkways were really well lit and there were a lot of exterior cameras monitoring the property at pretty much every turn.
When we opened up the door to the room... I almost cannot put into words how off-putting it was. I travel a lot for work and have stayed at a couple of questionable places around the world and this was by far the most dirtiest room I have ever stayed in. The pictures speak for themselves... I found several hairs in the bed and the headboard had, what looked like, grease marks on it from someone's dirty head leaning against it. It was absolutely atrocious. On top of that the "heater" in the room made a horrendous screeching noise when it flicked on. Please, under no circumstances, waste your money here. We slept in our vehicle... in the middle of January (all of the other hotels in the surrounding areas were sold out). That's how bad it was.
Was booked a room by a third party when I was visiting family. Before coming I called to inform them that I would have a service dog with me as they are not pet friendly (service dogs are allowed by law) they guy I talked to gave me a really hard time and kept assuming that my dog was going to make a mess in the room. When I arrived a few days later the girl at the counter wouldn't even let me check in before calling the same guy. I assume that she was having an issue about the dog because she spoke in another language but said sd in english. I was told I could check in at 11 am over the phone, but when arriving was told my room wouldn't be ready until 1p.m. When asked if there was another room I was told that was the room then where putting me in. I assume it was because of my service dog, they didn't want me in a better room. Finally got into the room only to be assulted by the smell of bleach so strong I had to open the window. The room itself was not as clean as it shoud be on first inspection but didn't seen that bad. Later on in the evening I noticed that the bathroom door was filthy and hadn't been clean in a long time. Also while in the room I was wondering why I the cold that I had started to turn into something much worse. Turns out there was a dark coloured mold in the bathroom. I for one am one of those people that are exreemly allergic to mold. By time this was found it was too late for us to leave and I was unable to get into another hotel, plus my son was already asleep. When we went to check out around 9 am the office was closed and I had to ring a bell to get someone so I could check out. When asked if I slept okay I told him that someone in the room next to us was banging around and talking loud well past 2 am. He proceeded to tell me that there wasn't anyone in that room that night and got very defensive. Made me really question if he was discriminating against me due to having a service dog.
Due to the conditions within two days (Christmas Day) I had to be rushed to the hospital and was hardly breathing because what had been a simple cold had turned into a full blown sever chest infection because of the mold in the room.
On top of all this you could tell that at least one person was selling drugs out of the place, and who knows what else.
This place was so bad that we were in the room for only 5 minutes and had to leave. Didn’t even want to remove our shoes! The bathroom ceiling was covered in mold and mildew, the floor boards were lifting and paint was peeling off the walls. To top it all off there were actually clumps of hair on the pillow. The only good thing about this place is that they gave us a full refund. Even if they didn’t - I would have slept in my truck before sleeping in the room they gave us.
This is my first ever negative review. My recommendation would be to find another hotel.
We booked 4 rooms all non smoking. One room had such a stong smoke smell. Windows were dirtly in all.
Hot water took almost 10 minutes in the sink, only about 5 min for the tub.
Spreads (only in 3 rooms) were dirty and stained with cleanable issues for the most part, so just not cleaned.
We bought new sheets and pillows to put on the beds for our stay due to the stains on the existing ones.
For the same price as La Quinta, there is just no comparison.
Stayed for a night, room was good for price. Had everything that I needed.
Front desk person was friendly and helpful. Location was great. Walking distance to near by shops. Lots as changed from when I came last year.