The lobby is full with men. Not a very comfortable place for female travellers.
The bed roo was very basic.
The bathrooms has only cold water. The bath mat contained some mould. The math next to the bed is for shoes only :-) !
We have found some roaches in the room. The staff was dedicated to destroy them with insecticide leaving a terrible smell while sleeping
I have traveled with my colleagues for business trip and stayed at this hotel for one night. First of all, contacting the hotel has been a nightmare as their details online are wrong. The rooms are well furnished but poorly placed. The suite rooms have TV in the bedroom rather than the living room and tables were positioned where there is no power plug. The hotel need to do real mapping while placing furniture to create easy access to their guests. Some of the rooms are not even well done as you can reach the floor below you or above you as the glass wall and the floor are not sealed. Hot shower barely accessible and their food is average grade. The hotel staff dictate you what to do rather than trying to assist their guests. Overall, It made me feel that the owner and the management does not have deep knowledge about hospitality service and how to handle customers. If there is a better place to stay in Debre Markos, this place may not be first my choice.
The hotel is on a busy road, noisy all night. Room was on the second floor, lift not working. The aspect was not greatly inviting, the bathroom old, hot water only after 6.30 pm, no toiletries and very small towel. There isn't much in the city, so you have to use the restaurant too; slow and bad service, poor English and bad food (the lamb was very tough, I couldn't finish it). Breakfast features mysterious things with no label (probably Ethiopians know them and
Room was paid for and it was my only option to stay here. That's why I did not change hotels. Had I the chance, well, you decide.
1. Bathroom of first room i stayed in reeked of sewer gasses.
2. Bathroom door could not be closed due to lack of handle hardware.
3. Caught one flea but not before being bitten. Throw rugs need good cleaning, at least good vacuuming.
4. Changed rooms. This one had bathroom door that locked but shower enclosure broken. Still, light whiff of sewer gasses here, as well.
5. As a rule, no hot water during daytime, only morning and evening. On this third day of stay, no water at all this evening.
6. restaurant food OK. Wait staff friendly, but staff grossly overworked/ understaffed...running around like headless chickens during evening. Waited 15 minutes before bill arrived.
In general, hotel whose "charm" is long gone. Needs renovation and sharper managment.
It's reasonably clean and the bathroom works. The bed was comfortable but I've never stayed in a noisier hotel. My bedroom overlooked the town square and had speakers on its balcony for the public loudspeakers and the hotel mood music until after 10pm. Hotel instructions warn against chewing Khat and ask you to register firearms at reception. Don't say you haven't been warned.