The view here is just gorgeous! But that's about the best thing we experienced. We booked here to relax and finish our stay in Langkawi chilling out, but unfortunately there were families with many little kids staying either side of us and their kids would play in our cottage space, it was also a mess outside our cottage when we arrived as both families were using our space to play. Also the kids would run around naked and play loudly late thrpugh the night right outside our room. Our air con didn't work when we arrived but the staff had someone fix it the next day. Front desk staff friendly and easy to communicate with. Room simple yet tidy. We hired a scooter here to get around, it's a nice easy ride to the night markets up the road for food. We tried the Scarborough restaurant next door with good ratings but were sadly disappointed at the slow service, lack of cleanliness and bland food. Overall, wouldn't stay here again but glad we experienced it.
stayed with family for 6 nights in January 2020
rooms : basic but spacious ones. kindly do not expect luxury resorts facilities
big windows help to have view uninterrupted
worth the amount charged for the rooms
we had 2 rooms with a common wall and we could hear the other room clearly
management should try to do something in this front
location : clean beach at the doorstop
great place to enjoy the sunsets
far from the happenings of langkawi. make sure you rent a vehicle if you stay here
food ; breakfast is anyways charged seperate.
so they can include more items and can charge little higher
same items repeated every day gets boring
would definitely recommend it for anyone who wants to enjoy the stay right on the beach
This hotel is not worth more than 10 Euro.
The hotel is lucky that they have a good location at the beach. And that's it.
- you hear everything your neighbours do or say in their room
- you hear everything what happens outside of your room
- a bar which is playing music for their own entertainment. I asked if they can turn the music down because there were no guests at 1:00. They turned it down for 5 minutes until I was in my room. Then they made it louder again and there was loud music until 2:00 with no guests
- they charge for beach towels
- at the breakfast buffet you always have to wait until they fill it up
- the breakfast is not inclusive in the price and has nothing to offer. Every day nuggets, eggs, toast and jam. No local food
- if guests complain the owner says "I don't want bad reviews". He doesn't say "I want my guests to feel good". Other guests complained also. There is also no appology, only justifications
- you have no privacy at your veranda
- they don't care about their hotel. Everything is ugly. For example put some pictures in the room and it is not just white walls. The eating area looks like a supermarket
- you don't get what you pay here
I cannot understand the positive reviews. I slept also a lot in dorms in hostels. Every dorm was better than here.
I was here 4 nights and could not sleep one night without disruption. I asked if we can check out earlier because I cannot sleep. It was not possible. Money is more important than happy guests.
The best thing here was to check out after 4 nights.
I’m resting on a well-worn wooden beach chair outside the rustic seaside chalet of Labu-Labi in Tanjung Rhu while enjoying the sea breezes. The highlight of this small family-run hotel is having the beach right at your very doorstep. While basic, the chalet is clean, comfortable and somewhat charming with a very casual, laid back feel. Never mind, if it gets too hot and sunny. There is the option of chilling in the comforts of the air-conditioned room and still be able to take in the views of the quiet stretch of sand, sea and the nearby outcrop of islands, through the room’s tall windows. When hunger interrupts the hypnotic spell of waves lapping against the shore, then it’s time to take a short stroll along the beach to the Scarborough Fish & Chips Restaurant just next door or head to Roti Canai Power, less than 1 minute (by car) down the road.
Room is simple and clean. Very basic but the bed is super comfortable. Top quality bed. The sound of wave at night for sure contribute to the nice sleep as well.
The room is just right next to the beach. And several nice place to dine in like the Scarborough Fish and Chip which located next door. The Roti Power which served local breakfast (Roti Prata) is highly recommended. Expect to wait a little as they are run by a small family. But definitely worth the waiting.
Arrange an island hopping trip from Labu Labi. It was quick and easy.
Hidden gem in Langkawi. I wish the family running the guest house all the best and hopefully it will be the same or better when we come back next time.
For those who commented that the hotel is shabby or not good enough, maybe they can consider staying at Four Season next to it. Come on, you get what you pay for and at Labu Labi I strongly think it worth every penny i spent there.