I have mixed type of review for the resort......reason is mismanagement.
We had confirmed bookings for 2 nights bt at reception there was no clue abt it.....then we have to show them online tractions done by us, it took 15 -20 min to get room. All credit goes to mr vijay who is their agent in delhi....has told me that we dont give rooms for single night stay....u have to buy our whole package for 2 days......wen I asked at resort ...they dont have any such policies...u can also go for one night stay....
1.Rooms are very spacious and clean ....Although we have nt booked room with bunk bed bt they offer ur that and I my kid was happy to jump on that.... bt they need to revamp their washrooms as they are quite big bt their bath curtains are very dirty....:(....
2. Location n view is awsum......u just feel like u r in heaven
3.food is good
4. Apple orchid is just outside ur room
5. Is awsum place for morning ppl like us....for walk n nature lovers
4. No indoor games was their except TT
MORAL: DO CALL AT RECEPTION before you start your journey.....
It was a terrible experience and I checked out of the resort within 2 hours of check in due to following reasons:-
1. As promised by the hotel sales manager Mr Gaurav Kumar sitting in head office GK-2 Delhi that cab would pick us up from ISBT Shimla at 6 am sharp on the 5th July 2014 , no cab came to pick us up on arrival and we kept waiting for more than half hour and then had to hire a taxi on almost double rates and go to the resort.
2. Secondly and most astonishingly when we arrived at the hotel no staff was there to greet us or carry our luggage, no one
Was present at the front desk and after making us wait for about an hour we were told by the staff that we did not had a booking though I had already paid advance online of Rs 5000/- through NEFT and had confirmed booking for dates 5th to 7th July 2014.
When I showed at the front desk the prinout of the confirmation mail that I had received from their head office on payment of advance , that they intiated some action and then repeatedly called and confirmed from their manager and office in Delhi that whether I really had a booking for these dates or not
Such an irresponsible behaviour was highly irritating and after making us wait for almost 2 hours is that they alloted us a room.
3. Then they room which we had booked online was superior deluxe but they alloted us deluxe room as they told us that superior deluxe rooms were already booked and such a thing was totally indigestible.
4. There was no hot water or landline / intercom was not working and on our repeated requests they did not switch o on they geyser/ boiler and l literally tortured us.
4. Then the manager their Mr Ashok amd their staff also misbehaved and spoke rudely when we said that you guys have cheated us , telling us that no refund will be made and finally after hours of heated argumemt they refunded Rs4000 deducting Rs 1000 for
for use of their horrible room.
5. I AM Going to file an application in the consumer court for the mental harassment that I have faced against this entire group
U.G HOTELS AND RESORTS LTD. which is the parent company of the Shilon resorts, S hilon Bagh and I request tripadvisor to support me in every way and blacklist this
Resort so that other people dont get cheated and harrassed in same manner that I have been.
My no. Is 09899888760 , My name is Gurtej Singh
Office address:- A-28 Amar colony lajpat nagar -4
New Delhi ' 110024.
Off Tel - 01126468760-61
I would appreciate a call from your end and guide me further how to resolve this matter.
The Shilon Resort nestled in very beautiful Shivalik ranges. The property is far from city and hard to reach, not many locals know about this property. Shilon Resort covers a large hilly area and you should have strong legs to walk around the property. Both cottages and duplex have very nice valley views. Sheets needed to be changed and there were spiders and bugs in the room. Staff were good but need to be trained on hospitality skills, food was pathetic.
This is a place for you if you like relaxing in peace. There is nothing else to do around.
What a pleasant stay I had in this resort last weekend. Was little worried with mix bag of reviews initially but as I have visited it now can surely say the below:
1) Best resort in terms of location as well the size.
2) Best both for family and BIKERS like me.
3) Far from hustle and bustle and completely peaceful.
4) Service is good. Where else you will get lunch even if you reach late till 5:30. Where would you get medicines on request before you put off the call to Room Service. Where would you get warm water the whole day.
5) Regardless of room you stay, it is a special feeling.
Set in extremely beautiful scenery this was just the perfect spot to relax. The drive to the hotel through wild green countryside already put us into the right mood to enjoy the breathtaking view over the valley surrounded by mountains.The service was incredible. Right from the manager, to the boys, everyone was just waiting there to listen to you, with a smile. The food was amazing. The view was outstanding. The bedroom was perfect. I visited Shilon Resort with my wife, for two nights, we wanted a place, which was quiet and peaceful, so that we could spend some quality time together and Shilon Resort was just that. It was like few things in life which matters when you look back also the ones which you always wanted to remember and always look for an opportunity to do it once more...