We planned a 2 night stay for a funeral. The room was not ready when we arrived at 2:30, but staff worked together to prepare it. Too bad they forgot to dust the bedside table (for at least a week or so). Due to a problem with pool chemicals the spa and pool were off limits on the first night, but open on the second. The continental breakfast is best skipped unless coffee and dry cereal is your thing. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The stairs to our room were tough on these old knees.
This is not a new property, but if you want a clean room at a value this is your place to stay. I stayed here for over a week and was very satisfied. Vicki the manager couldn't have been more accommodating to us and did all she could to make our stay a good one. Besides the staff being friendly the hotel is located by shopping and restaurants. It is actually positioned between McDonalds on one side and Swans cafe on the other. Clean rooms, pet friendly, pool and hot tub, I would stay again.
The breakfast selection could have been a little larger perhaps with some fruit. There was coffee, juice, a couple varieties of cereal, toast, muffins, yogurt, and packaged rolls. We were thankful for what they had.
Motel is pet-friendly, so we had to listen to barking dogs for several hours. When we walked into the lobby, we were instantly hit with a very strong smell of cigarette smoke. The room was very basic, although it did have a small fridge and microwave. I was surprised there was no hairdryer, but we were able to get one at the desk. Oddly, it was the motel style hairdryer that you usually see attached to the wall. The sink was free-standing, with no counter space, so when I plugged in the hairdryer, the only place I could put the base was in the wet sink. I decided to pass on that idea! The breakfast the next morning was very, very limited. I wish we had gone to the cafe next door. This place was not a bargain and would not recommend it.
We were very happy to find a motel that was close to our family, inexpensive and available for 4 days. However, when we walked in we knew there were lots of smoking rooms or people are allowed to smoke in the lounge area. A very stale smell. A deodorizing spray would be helpful especially since it is a nice place to sit and lounge and right next to the breakfast eating area. Our room was not as clean as I would have liked either. Did try to resolve the issue but decided to let it go and enjoy the time we were there. We were there for such a short time each day. The beds were very comfortable and even though they didn't have the immenities many of the more expensive motels have we didn't mind as we had most everything we needed ourselves. The towels however, could be a bit softer!! The lady at the desk was most pleasant and was always concerned our needs were met. Cleanliness in a motel is parmount in repeat customers. Because of our experience I don't think we will be back.
We stepped into the lobby and the smell of smoke was overwhelming, like someone had just been smoking in there. Should have left right away, but was past cancellation time. The front desk worker was wearing a ratty shirt when he came out of the apartment. The smell of smoke went all the way down the hall. Our non-smoking room was tolerable for smell. The pictures are very deceiving online. The rooms do have new paint and bedspreads, but the furnishings are terribly old and dinged up (like from the 1980s). Carpet was gross and there is no baseboard trim. The toilet kept running and it wasn't quiet when it ran, the remote didn't work, and there was no hair dryer in the room and no sign that said one could be checked out at the front desk. A train went through very close by and blew the horn several times. The front desk workers did not ask how my stay was and didn't react at all when I mentioned the cigarette smoke smell. The breakfast is sad. The pillows were terrible. The mattress was ok, and I was thankful for a hot shower, but the tub was not all that clean. The sink is newer, but has no place to set anything. There was a headband behind the nightstand and the edges of the room needed vacuuming. The handwritten receipt took me back to the 80s. I don't think this hotel should have the Wyndham name on it at all! I expected more for the name.