This Michelin-listed place has been renovated with grand style. It is an excellent location just below the Plaza Mayor and the castle at the top of the hill. There is no parking, but there were places down on the main street at the bottom of the hill. The bedroom was large, and the bathroom impressively styled and grand. There are some strange extras, like a gym in one of the main rooms, and a couple of guest reception rooms that seemed unused. Two drawbacks - no breakfast available (though they refer you to a place a few door up the hill) and, strangely, no desk or chair in the large bedroom, which was otherwise very well equipped.
There is nothing positive to say. It is unfriendly and there is no service. The advertising for this place is completely false and dishonest. It is a disco/bar until 5am even on a Tuesday night. We arrived late (we did email and phone to be respectful) after a wonderful but long day at approximately 11.30pm and thank god were gone by 9.30am the next day.
Originally we booked for 2 nights and it is a very expensive place at 108 euro per night. The parador is only 95 euro - we wish we had gone there. They would not refund and referred to their policy and said it was because we went through an agency. If they referred my booking to an agency then that is their problem because I sent them an email direct to their website. Breakfast is somewhere we can't tell you because we skipped it to get out of there.
The bar/disco was right under our room and by 3am it was, as you can imagine, smoky. A little different to the 'quiet, romantic' claims on their website.
There is no pride or passion here just a hard nosed tourist business and this is clear from them taking our money without any conscious or concern about guest experience. Our guess is that this is not the first time this has happened and people couldn't be bothered complaining.
They offered us a 'free stay' to prove it is 'quiet and romantic' - there are so many other amazing, truly warm hearted people and places why would we risk going back!!! Let alone the fact that we are from Australia and have limited time. They were fully aware this was the case. If they have an 'agency' that is managing them they clearly do not care about customer satisfaction and are in the business of ripping off tourists. Don't believe anything you see on their website.
Hotel is centrally situated between the Plaza Major at the top and main road at the bottom of this charming hill top town. You cannot park in the narrow winding street but don't be afraid to drive through to deposit your bags as the street is very steep. Parking can be found by the roadside leading up to the castle. We had a large well appointed room with air conditioning. Beds very comfortable. Staff helpful but no English spoken. Breakfast in next hotel up the street. Coffee, pastries, rustic bread, cold meats, cheese - surely something for everyone. Plenty of eating places and bars a mere stroll away. Very enjoyable stay.
Just returned from holidays, back home after a long tour in Spain it was fantastic everywhere: Granada, all Galizia, Madrid. Only in Puebla de Sanabria we had the worst experience, and it was the place where we paid per night the highest price.... incredible. The worst place we stayed. For more then 100 euro per night it is not accettable at all to have such services.
1) First of all, nobody informed us that in the period we were hosted there was the Medioval Market, 4 full days, so a very busy town (you can understand after one year we think to have a very relaxed holiday in a small village far from the big City and you find thousand of people from the morning to late evening....this is not correct).
2) Our room was not air conditioned, in the night we couldn't sleep for the hot temperature, windows couldn't be opened because of noise and because of people could see you in the bed.
3) Breakfast was in a different location, 10 meters walking, very poor: no fresh season fruits (only apple and kiwi available), we should stay in line to cook the bread toast, the machine was a home machine (not restaurant machine) more then 10 minutes to toast 2 pieces of bread...this is not accettable it was creating nervousism from the morning.... (last day we were exausted and we went to another bar in downtown spending 7 euro for 2 breakfast with a faster services).
4) The hot dishes in the breakfast doesn't exist at all.
5) People do not speak English at all, we are Italian and we can undestand Spainish so if they speak in Spainish slow I can understand them. An example: to book the restaurant in the night they asked us if we preferred at 9 or 10,30, we answered 10,30 in Italian Languange and they replied in Spanish "sorry I do not understand you", beleive me that the sound 10,30 in Italian Language is very similar to Spanish.
Price was 110 euro per night, the Parador in Leon is 120 this is not accettable.
I'm sorry because of the location is very nice....if you want to have a relaxed holiday this is not the right hotel to stay...
this accomodation was fantastic. Located in the small village of Puebla de Sanabria, it is an ancient house with unique charme. My wife and me were enthusiastic for this discovery: an incredible quality for such price. The double room is huge, and so is the bathroom. There is even a sauna and small gym, and a free internet point: a unique mix of ancient and modern.