We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
WOW, the Schoenburg Castle was so much more than we expected. It was the real deal. Every room was interesting, inviting, comfortable in it's own way. We didn't see 2 alike. The service was great, the food in the dining room was delicious, the breakfast...More
We loved this castle hotel. Plan to relax and enjoy the hotel and the garden. The dinners were great and the fresh flowers on every table and candle light made it magical. We took a 2 hour wine tour scheduled through the hotel. It was...More
While visiting my brother and his wife, they treated me to an overnight at this wonderful old castle. I visited in June of 2013. The gardens were beautiful and the views from the castle were amazing. Though there was record flooding during my visit and...More
My husband and I stayed here for one night to celebrate a special occassion. We had room 23, right at the top.
The whole experience was amazing. We drove along the Rhine from Koblenz, very scenic.
The hotel has remained very much a castle as...More
This is a spectacular and idyllic setting from which to explore the Rhine valley for a few days. Naturally since the foundation dates back to the middle ages the interior is quirky and some of the furniture and decoration a bit worn. But you didn't...More
TripAdvisor gives a Certificate of Excellence to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travellers.
Things to do
US$187 - US$366 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Non-Smoking Rooms ,
Number of rooms
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Castle Hotel Auf Schoenburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Response from Sixonthego_50 | Reviewed this property |
They had carts for transporting luggage. They were basically golf carts. They seemed glad to transport you. Then get a room on the first floor and you should be good. A lot of the charm of the castle are the gardens... More
They had carts for transporting luggage. They were basically golf carts. They seemed glad to transport you. Then get a room on the first floor and you should be good. A lot of the charm of the castle are the gardens that would not be good for someone with limited mobility. Many of the rooms and restaurants with great views would be easily accessible. I hope this helps. The hotel went out of their way to make sure to accommodate us. I am sure they would help your father. It is a once in a lifetime place.
1. There are safes in everyroom. Some are hidden behind mirrors or tapestries. It depends on the room you have booked. Each room is different in style. Simply check-in and when you are shown to your room the representative... More
1. There are safes in everyroom. Some are hidden behind mirrors or tapestries. It depends on the room you have booked. Each room is different in style. Simply check-in and when you are shown to your room the representative of Auf Schönburg will give you a small tour of your amenities, including the safe. Yes, to the laptop compatable question -although do to the structure of a castle...Wi-fi can be an issue in some rooms.# walls. However, contact the hotel directly with the laptop question and they will provide you with a answer and solution to you're concern.
2. Frankfurt A. Main. and Burg Eltz are at least an hour or more from Hotel Auf Schönburg, with a car. The region of the Middle Rhein is very rustic. There is of course modern amenities such as trains. Please mind, that they do take time. If perhaps you rented a car in Frankfurt A. Main. Driving to Auf Schönburg, then partake with a cruise to the Lorelei and then drive to Brug Eltz ( which is located in the region of the Mosel river and not the Rhein) then I believe you can satisfy you're desired intinery with conjunction with a stay with Auf Schönburg. For other excursions I would suggest that you book and enjoy a wine tasting with a local vinture in Oberwesel. Not only can you sample and buy exquisite wines, the tour includes a brief history of the town and surrounding land plus a trip into the sellers of the vinture himself. You should contact Auf Schönburg directly if you are interested in making a wine tour in Oberwesel, as it is a planned event.
3. Within the category of four star hotels inside of Germany, private bathrooms are mandatory to maintain said status. Although, not all rooms are with a free standing shower; some only with a bathtub. Contact the Hotel directly to better suit your needs.
4. Airport transfers are of course possible. Please refer to "rustic" and plan accordingly . Contact the Hotel for perhaps other arrangements - private pickup and drop off. What I can recommend is the DB regional train. You can order a taxi service to the train station in Oberwesel from the hotel and then you can embark on you're journey to Frankfurt airport in just over an hour (1.10mins) directly to the airport. The cost of the train ONE-WAY is around €13 for ONE person.
I hope that I gave you the information you needed and enjoy you're stay at Castle Auf Schönburg and the surrounding regions of South-West Germany.
Are you sure you want to delete this answer?
"Trains are loud at night, but earplugs are provided."