We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
First the employees were all fantastic and ready to provide you everything you ask. I will start with the bad. The carpets in the room and corridor are so old you will find similar carpets in 2 or 3 stars hotels in Europe. The building...More
Thank Aladji A
Response from Management_Direction, Manager at Novotel DakarResponded 5 days ago
Dear Aladji A,
Thank you for leaving such a nice rating. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay here.
It fills our hearts to read that you like the hotel as a whole. Unfortunately, it seems that there were some aspects that weren't...More
Rooms a bit dated but clean, staff very friendly and attentive, great food with a good variety. Nice swimming pool, access at the back to the shore line, no hassle from beggars in this area. Front gate is a different story plenty locals telling you...More
Response from Ndèye Codou B, Responsable relations publiques at Novotel DakarResponded 27 October 2017
Dear client, thank you for choosing Novotel for your stay and thank you for leaving a review detailing your experience. We are happy to see that our staff was responsive and that you enjoyed the food and the hotel as a whole. We deeply apologize...More
I stayed at this hotel for four nights last week of September 2017. I found it good enough for business travellers. With airport texi, even though I had to wait for other passangers to board as it was a shared vehicle, nice rooms but not...More
Response from Management_Direction, Manager at Novotel DakarResponded 2 weeks ago
Thank you for leaving such a nice rating.
We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay here. It fills our hearts to see that you like the hotel as a whole and that our staff's efforts were up to your standards.
As an English speaker, Novotel's friendly staff welcomed me with warm welcome hellos.
The check-in was fast, the rooms were clean. The grounds were beautifully maintained decorated nicely. The poolside and fire pits at night were delightful.
The overall manager, a professional and kind gentleman,...More
Response from Management_Direction, Gérant at Novotel DakarResponded 4 weeks ago
Thank you for choosing Novotel for your stay and thank you for leaving such a wonderful review detailing your experience. We will gladly share it with the hotel's staff.
It is such a delight to see that our staff has greeted you in...More
Stayed 3 nights after 14 days of Rally from Morocco to Senegal, so it was great to be back to "civilization". At the same time, this hotel does not keep up to Novotel standards elsewhere. Rooms should be renovated, in-room dinning food quality not as...More
Response from Ndèye Codou B, General Manager at Novotel DakarResponded 13 November 2017
Dear guest, we thank you for giving us a review and for choosing the Novotel Dakar for your stay after such a long rally, it was really enjoyable to see all your bikes take over. Regarding the hotel's state we apolagies and hope we can...More
US$151 - US$230 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Star rating provided by Accor.
#4 Luxury Hotel in Dakar
Non-Smoking Rooms ,
Number of rooms
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Accorhotels.com, Expedia, Jovago.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Novotel Dakar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
1. Getting visa – contact with Sen embassy. Despite of writting that EU citizens don't need visa, it wasn't so on December 2014. I simply registered via internet, paid ~ 50 $ and get visa in airport. I didn't do vaccination... More
1. Getting visa – contact with Sen embassy. Despite of writting that EU citizens don't need visa, it wasn't so on December 2014. I simply registered via internet, paid ~ 50 $ and get visa in airport. I didn't do vaccination against yellow fever.
2. About prices: July–late September is humid season, hotels reduce prices up to 40%. I visited Sen on late December. Excellent. That's hardto understand what You are looking for. I honestly recommend hotel Ibis, it is side to side with Novotel. Price is lower, the personal is more friendly, but You can use also services of Novotel, pool is common.
3. About fligts – there are very many possibilities, look internet. I like Turkish Airlines.
4. I guess – 1 day in Dakar for city tour is enough, 1 day for Goree Island, 2 days for Saloum delta national park, 3 days for Sant Louis, 1 day in Dakar at the pool before fligt. You will be happy!!!
5. Senegal isn't a cheap country for tubabs! But – there I'd met the most friendly people in Africa! Learn some words on Woloff and always be kind. Good luck!
As l am not a smoker myself,I am not really sure about whether you can smoke in any room.If l am not mistaken they usually ask you upon booking whether you want a smoking or non smoking room.I hope this helps.
Are you sure you want to delete this answer?
"Ask for a room with the sea view: it makes your morning less depressive inside the ugly room"