We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
The stay was completely ruined by the fact that we had money stolen whilst staying at the hotel and more importantly how badly the inconvenience and loss was handled. On informing the reception desk, the first thing she did was alert the only person who...More
Novotel is exactly what its name suggests. You'll get not a penny more out of it. Simple rooms with all the basic amenities and service, reasonably clean and new, but nothing to write home about. There are some interesting red cockroaches/bugs that are fun to...More
Great hotel... had a ocean view room overlooking the Atlantic... nice modern room similar to Novotels elsewhere... clean, efficient... nice pool & surroundings... great restaurant and bar...
nicely designed lobby & common areas... slip out of the small back gate for a jog on the...More
Firstly, the hotel was undergoing a major facelift at the time of my stay which was not a problem. The staff apologised about the lack of pool facilities and offered free transport to another hotel to use theirs. The rooms were brand new and very...More
The hotel is well located close to a lot of down-town venues. However, the rooms feel a bit dated and "cheap", the towels are rough and cleanliness is OK, not great (I am going to spare you the details of what I am referring to)....More
1. Getting visa – contact with Sen embassy. Despite of writting that EU citizens don't need visa, it wasn't so on December 2014. I simply registered via internet, paid ~ 50 $ and get visa in airport. I didn't do vaccination... More
1. Getting visa – contact with Sen embassy. Despite of writting that EU citizens don't need visa, it wasn't so on December 2014. I simply registered via internet, paid ~ 50 $ and get visa in airport. I didn't do vaccination against yellow fever.
2. About prices: July–late September is humid season, hotels reduce prices up to 40%. I visited Sen on late December. Excellent. That's hardto understand what You are looking for. I honestly recommend hotel Ibis, it is side to side with Novotel. Price is lower, the personal is more friendly, but You can use also services of Novotel, pool is common.
3. About fligts – there are very many possibilities, look internet. I like Turkish Airlines.
4. I guess – 1 day in Dakar for city tour is enough, 1 day for Goree Island, 2 days for Saloum delta national park, 3 days for Sant Louis, 1 day in Dakar at the pool before fligt. You will be happy!!!
5. Senegal isn't a cheap country for tubabs! But – there I'd met the most friendly people in Africa! Learn some words on Woloff and always be kind. Good luck!
As l am not a smoker myself,I am not really sure about whether you can smoke in any room.If l am not mistaken they usually ask you upon booking whether you want a smoking or non smoking room.I hope this helps.
Are you sure you want to delete this answer?
"Ask for a room with the sea view: it makes your morning less depressive inside the ugly room"