We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
The Hotel is nice but Accor should name it Mercure instead of Novotel in my opinion. No complains about the Hotel, but it is not exceptional either. I did not walk around but looks like the Hotel is in a good location, close to the...More
I enjoyed a pleasant 7-day stay at this Novotel. The Novotel offers a complimentary airport shuttle (each way), which I scheduled easily with a helpful staff member by phone (in French, but some of the staff do speak English).
I highly recommend pre-booking your reservation...More
We are visitors from the United States staying in the Novotel for three days. First let me say that the hotel is decent, not what I would consider four stars. The rooms are small, and there was construction going on that woke us up every...More
The rooms and lobby are standard business quality. Wifi worked pretty well in the room. Restaurant is fine, nothing exceptional. Breakfast is mostly a lot of bread and fruit, with some cheese, bacon, etc. There is no one to make you an omelet if you...More
US$147 - US$2,178 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Star rating provided by Accor.
#4 Luxury Hotel in Dakar
Non-Smoking Rooms ,
Accessible rooms ,
Number of rooms
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jovago.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Dakar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
1. Getting visa – contact with Sen embassy. Despite of writting that EU citizens don't need visa, it wasn't so on December 2014. I simply registered via internet, paid ~ 50 $ and get visa in airport. I didn't do vaccination... More
1. Getting visa – contact with Sen embassy. Despite of writting that EU citizens don't need visa, it wasn't so on December 2014. I simply registered via internet, paid ~ 50 $ and get visa in airport. I didn't do vaccination against yellow fever.
2. About prices: July–late September is humid season, hotels reduce prices up to 40%. I visited Sen on late December. Excellent. That's hardto understand what You are looking for. I honestly recommend hotel Ibis, it is side to side with Novotel. Price is lower, the personal is more friendly, but You can use also services of Novotel, pool is common.
3. About fligts – there are very many possibilities, look internet. I like Turkish Airlines.
4. I guess – 1 day in Dakar for city tour is enough, 1 day for Goree Island, 2 days for Saloum delta national park, 3 days for Sant Louis, 1 day in Dakar at the pool before fligt. You will be happy!!!
5. Senegal isn't a cheap country for tubabs! But – there I'd met the most friendly people in Africa! Learn some words on Woloff and always be kind. Good luck!
As l am not a smoker myself,I am not really sure about whether you can smoke in any room.If l am not mistaken they usually ask you upon booking whether you want a smoking or non smoking room.I hope this helps.