We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
We arrived late in Dakar and our intial Restaurat has been cancelled due to the recencent events in Dakar. Theotel service was excellent, the Restaurant has been reopened for our group and the food was fine. the Wfi is free and work fine. The prize...More
My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights after a long trip to Mali. It was a welcome oasis! We arranged for the shuttle to pick us up from the airport, and after our flight arrived an hour late at midnight I was pleased...More
The Novotel is a great option for downtown Dakar -- clean and well-styled rooms, fantastic central location for exploring the plateau and Ile de Goree, and beautiful views on the Atlantic. The bar is quite an ex-pat see-and-be-scene, the pool is lovely, and there's free...More
This is my second in Dakar, previously I stayed at Pullman, compared to that I've found out that it's much better at Novotel than Pullman, the place is more relaxed and best of all the design is more modern and newer.
About the food it's...More
US$148 - US$218 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Star rating provided by Accor.
#4 Luxury Hotel in Dakar
Non-Smoking Rooms ,
Number of rooms
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Accorhotels.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Novotel Dakar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
1. Getting visa – contact with Sen embassy. Despite of writting that EU citizens don't need visa, it wasn't so on December 2014. I simply registered via internet, paid ~ 50 $ and get visa in airport. I didn't do vaccination... More
1. Getting visa – contact with Sen embassy. Despite of writting that EU citizens don't need visa, it wasn't so on December 2014. I simply registered via internet, paid ~ 50 $ and get visa in airport. I didn't do vaccination against yellow fever.
2. About prices: July–late September is humid season, hotels reduce prices up to 40%. I visited Sen on late December. Excellent. That's hardto understand what You are looking for. I honestly recommend hotel Ibis, it is side to side with Novotel. Price is lower, the personal is more friendly, but You can use also services of Novotel, pool is common.
3. About fligts – there are very many possibilities, look internet. I like Turkish Airlines.
4. I guess – 1 day in Dakar for city tour is enough, 1 day for Goree Island, 2 days for Saloum delta national park, 3 days for Sant Louis, 1 day in Dakar at the pool before fligt. You will be happy!!!
5. Senegal isn't a cheap country for tubabs! But – there I'd met the most friendly people in Africa! Learn some words on Woloff and always be kind. Good luck!
As l am not a smoker myself,I am not really sure about whether you can smoke in any room.If l am not mistaken they usually ask you upon booking whether you want a smoking or non smoking room.I hope this helps.
Are you sure you want to delete this answer?
"Ask for a room with the sea view: it makes your morning less depressive inside the ugly room"