We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
We stayed at Greenleaf and did the full and half day tours. On arriving in Pak Chong we called Greenleaf and they picked us up straight away. It's about 10km out of town so it's a great service to get this. When we arrived we...More
Rooms are very basic but an exceptional price especially if you're sharing a double room (300baht). The food is okay - curry is fairly bland and breakfast options limited. This was the biggest negative.
As for the tours, I can highly recommend. Our guide was...More
I absolutely loved staying at greenleaf guesthouse during my three days at Khao Yai National park. I was picked up from the bus station without any problems, enjoyed staying in a peaceful room near the garden, and thought the tour was absolutely amazing. I did...More
Stayed here for 2 nights and did both tours. The service is perfect, the home cooking is delicious and good priced. I booked by phone, and the guy was really helpful and offered us a free pickup from the bus stop. The room was nice,...More
We went on a one day jungle trek on the 13.03.2015. Pick-up worked well and was on time. Then we were told to put on the uncomfortable leech socks. After standing on roads and parking lots I got out of the socks (You don't need...More
1) we took the 8:30ish a.m. train from Ayuthaya to Pakchong and it took about 2 hours, this I can confirm. There's different types of train, from faster to very slow. I got the timetable. I'll try to send it to... More
1) we took the 8:30ish a.m. train from Ayuthaya to Pakchong and it took about 2 hours, this I can confirm. There's different types of train, from faster to very slow. I got the timetable. I'll try to send it to you.
2) if you don't want to miss the afternoon tour, you should arrive at Packchong by 1p.m. That's what the hotel suggested to us. There will be someone waiting for you for sure.
3) the aircon rooms at the back were 1,000 baths I think in December 2015. We were not staying there, but a French couple showed us. The rooms are bigger and look more comfy than the basic one at 300 baths. Not sure I'd call them "luxurious" though. Remember that the Greenleaf is a backpacker hotel.
4) The advantage of this hotel is that they are VERY WELL organized. The guides got the eyes to find all kind of animals. With luck, you might see elephants like we did. They seem to go in places where nobody else is going, even when the park is full with people.
5) Night tour from 3 p.m. to 8p.m more of less; day tour from 9a.m. to 5 or 6p.m. If you ask them you'll have a better idea.
6) going back to the train station after the day tour shouldn't be a problem. They surely had the same request before.
7) Enjoy the food there. It's good.
Hope that helps