We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet flight delay compensation

7 posts
Save Topic
Easyjet flight delay compensation

Easyjet approved my compensation and said they allocated payment . They have been putting off payment for four months now. They stopped answering my emails. There are companies that get claims paid. Can uou recommend any? Flight was from Amsterdam to Split.

29 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
15,522 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easyjet flight delay compensation

Have you tried to contact them on the phone or on Facebook?

Pewsey, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
9,805 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easyjet flight delay compensation

At risk of sounding obvious, have you tried ringing them? Try to interact with a human rather than cyberspace.

If you engage a company their payment comes out of your money....I'd try ringing.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
9,884 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easyjet flight delay compensation

If you live in U.K. Just use the Small Claims process through the Country Court. It's easy and simple and there is no reason to pay someone to do what you can do easily. Keep all the compensation yourself.

https:/…

If you want further advice go to you local CAB.

Or contact Citizens Advice Consumer helpline

It really helps if you add your location as you can be given appropriate advice. This will not be appropriate if you live outside U.K.

Good luck.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
39,981 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easyjet flight delay compensation

Stop sending emails and pick up the phone. It's brings better results IME. Emails are like having a time lag conversation, especially when they're being read by different people all the time. Too disjointed.

7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Easyjet flight delay compensation

I spoke with them many times. When I wrote to the CEO I was assigned my own customer service rep. Very nice but no results.

7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Easyjet flight delay compensation

I spoke with them many times. When I wrote the CEO, I was assigned my own customer rep--very nice but no results. That was 2 1/2 months ago.

Skipton, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easyjet flight delay compensation

when i claimed directly through Easyjet for the EU261, they paid out within a week of me submitting the claim via their online form.

We didn't claim for a few months following the delayed flight as life just got in the way. Just make sure you've used official channels as sometimes personal emails just get lost in translation when not in an official queue.

there should be no need for small claims or lawyers.

Did you send your bank details and if so, have you double checked these are correct as if its been mis-allocated then there could be a problem.

Hope this helps in some way.

7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Easyjet flight delay compensation

Thanks--maybe I'll start over again--they have all my bank info--Maybe they feel they can get away with it with U.S. customers

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
23,125 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Easyjet flight delay compensation

have you tried contacting them through facebook, that usually does the trick.

I had a claim last year and it only took about 6 weeks for my compensation to come through but as you say could be because you are in the US.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
9,884 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Easyjet flight delay compensation

Please add your location as I've wasted my time replying as you now say you live in USA.

Reply to: Easyjet flight delay compensation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted