We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible airport strikes in Spain

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,360 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Possible airport strikes in Spain

Just seen this in the Local ES newspaper in Spain! Luckily it won't affect my flights in September but not good for people travelling on the dates they will be walking out.

https://www.thelocal.es/20170816/spanish-air…

22 replies to this topic
Lancz
Level Contributor
1,925 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible airport strikes in Spain

Can't see from article if this will affect the Canaries..anyone any ideas ?

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,288 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Possible airport strikes in Spain

It looks to be affecting Aena airports which include ACE, TFS, TFN, LPA, FUE, VDE, GMZ and SPC so presumably the Canaries will be affected. One of the listed dates in September is my inbound flight. I can hardly wait lol.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,761 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Possible airport strikes in Spain

Great! lol. I'm flying to Lanzarote in December on the same day as the possible strike.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,288 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Possible airport strikes in Spain

They've time to sort it before December lol. My date's 4th on the list. Chaos in ACE is not something to look forward to :(

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,761 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Possible airport strikes in Spain

Good luck LeylandSunaddict, hope everything works out well & you enjoy your trip. I'm looking forward to my holiday in Playa Blanca whatever happens. Not having a great deal of luck with ACE as I remember baggage strike chaos on my first visit many years ago.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,288 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Possible airport strikes in Spain

and you! I hope you have a good holiday as well. Mine is turning into a comedy of errors. Now stuck with no travel insurance when my annual policy expires next weekend. Some companies won't even quote me for a single trip, and any that will want a kings ransom :( Combined price of both our flights with extras was cheaper, and they weren't cheap lol. Head, bang, wall.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,761 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Possible airport strikes in Spain

I have an annual insurance policy with the Post Office, wonder if they cover strikes and lost baggage! lol! Hope you find a suitable policy for your trip in September with a good price. I'm going to Estonia in September which is a long way from the Spanish strikes. Happy and safe travels.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
847 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Possible airport strikes in Spain

Leyland I feel your pain. It gets more difficult each year as my husband has health issues. I am sure you have, but have you tried Aviva...we got ours this year with them at half the price quoted by the next lowest company.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
8,428 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Possible airport strikes in Spain

Have you tied All Clear for existing medical conditions. Many wouldn't quote for my husband but this worked out ok.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,288 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Possible airport strikes in Spain

Hi Clare.

Thanks I have. They won't cover me for my main 'problem' which is what is causing the problem with all the companies. I'm seriously thinking of just excluding it. Just trying to establish if our private health covers abroad. Obviously I'd have no cancellation cover for anything related but we go in less than 3 weeks.

Smudge thanks, I have. Can get cover but rather expensive, and cover for independent travel isn't great.

Reply to: Possible airport strikes in Spain
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted