We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wizz Air Mobile App Boarding Pass

Noosa
Level Contributor
20 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Wizz Air Mobile App Boarding Pass

Hoping someone can help me here as I am going in circles reading forums.

I have booked a flight from Athens to Budapest with Wizz Air. I am an Australian citizen. I have the Wizz Air app and by using it, have boarding passes already available for viewing on the app, so I assume they accept mobile boarding passes at that airport or it would not be available. I have no luggage to check in.

QUESTION: As a non EU citizen, can I just go straight to the gate or do I have to wait in line and take printed out boarding passes to check in counter? Ryan Air does not accept mobile boarding passes for non EU citizens and I'm concerned Wizz Air is the same.

Thanks in advance as I hate being ripped off at the counter for grey areas like this.

4 replies to this topic
Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Wizz Air Mobile App Boarding Pass

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10…

i suggest to see this topic, and i think you should print your boarding passes, just in case...

i wouldn't want to pay 30 euros for a piece of paper at the check in point/gate or whatever..

Athens, Greece
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wizz Air Mobile App Boarding Pass

Are you sure you are flying from Athens to Budapest with Wizzair?

I dont think such a flight exists :-/

Noosa
Level Contributor
20 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wizz Air Mobile App Boarding Pass

Sorry, it was Budapest to NIce. Bottom line is check in on mobile is fine for non-European people I was advised by staff.

The trap was they have small and large carry on baggage, small is like a bigger handbag, large is normal carry on size..suggest travellers be careful when they book their tickets.

Thank you for showing an interest though :-)

Athens, Greece
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wizz Air Mobile App Boarding Pass

You are right about the carry on luggage.

However Wizzair decided to change their policy and as of the 29th of October they will conform with the industry standard i.e. you will be allowed to bring for free a "normal" size carry on bag and place it in the overhead lockers.

Enjoy your vacation :-)

Reply to: Wizz Air Mobile App Boarding Pass
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted