We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight bookings

Chennai (Madras...
4 posts
Save Topic
flight bookings

Hii! I was recently booking my flights to singapore through Ctrip and my flights are air india express and scoot!! I would like to know if bookings through Ctrip give me free check-in baggage allowance in scoot becuz i know air india express gives 20 kgs to each person! i don't wanna give unhealthy surprises to my parents on our way back!! thank you!

9 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,405 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight bookings

We don't know what's on your booking. Contact the airline or Ctrip to find out what you've booked.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,273 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flight bookings

It will have told you your baggage allowances while you were booking. Baggage allowance is down to the airline and fare type that you book not the website you book through.

Singapore
Level Contributor
643 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: flight bookings

Do you mean you have booked Chennai to SIN with AI Exoress and return on Scoot through an agent ?

If so you need to check the Scoot section of what they have sold you.

When you book with Scoot direct you choose 1 of 4 options , when booking you can alo add in extrq baggage if needed ( for a fee )

Fly - Provides just the seat , nothing else

Flybag - Provides seat and 20 kgs baggage allownce

Flybageat - Provides seat and 20 kgs baggage allowance plus meal and drink

Scootbiz - lots of extras included

No idea why not just book direct with the airlines

So what did they sell you and what did you buy ?

Edited: 19 October 2017, 21:51
Chennai (Madras...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: flight bookings

Yes , Cteip says contact the ariline and the airline has 4 different types of booking (seat, seat and baggage , seat, baggage, meal , and something else) so i wanted to know which one has the website given me!

Anyway thank you for the reply!

Chennai (Madras...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: flight bookings

Getting a better deal on Ctrip , and scoot website shows the price in dollars which is overpriced when converted to my currency! Also , Haven't bought it yet!! I gotta confirm the ticket type in scoot first!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,833 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flight bookings

>>>so i wanted to know which one has the website given me!

Sorry, but you do know that we are not ctrip -- whatever that is. I guess and OTA. But a bunch of airline travelers from around the world. We don't know what you booked or what the website gave you?

Asking us is not going to help. 99.99% of the times check with the airline. And if future to avoid such issues book directly with the airline

Good luck

Chennai (Madras...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: flight bookings

It hasn't told me about the baggage allowance - all it says is contact airline for baggage details! And airline hasn't stated properly which ticket does it provide to travel agencies!

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,405 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: flight bookings

What type of ticket does it say you've got on your booking?

Singapore
Level Contributor
643 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: flight bookings

I can only repeat

When you book with Scoot they offer various combinations

If you plan to book with an agent then that agent 'Should' tell you Not just the airfare but should tell you the fare basis and what it includes.

We have no ways at all of knowing what they are offering

Between Chennai and Singapore you have non stop flights with :

Scoot

Air India Express

Indigo

Jet Airways

Air India

Singapore Airlines

Could you not use Air India Express return or Indigo both ways so you can book local and control the booking yourself payable in INR ?

is it that using Air India Express one way and Scoot on return is a very big saving ? compared with AI Express or Indigo or Jet Airways simple return

Up to you - but for the baggage you need to find what fare basis they are selling you.

Edited: 19 October 2017, 23:15
Reply to: flight bookings
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted