We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lebanon visa for canadian

Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Lebanon visa for canadian

boyfriend is currently visiting his country. He lives with me in Canada. He asked me to come out there and we come back together.

I read that i will be granted a visa on arrival at the airport.

But he also told me since i am travelling alone they will require me to have a lebanese address, phone numbe, 3000$ cash, return ticket.

Is this true ? Would I have to give them his information? Cause i dont have that. Has anyone gone through this process before?

Thanks!

14 replies to this topic
Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,953 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lebanon visa for canadian

Your boyfriend won't give you his address and telephone number?

Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lebanon visa for canadian

Of course he will!

I meant if i am travelling alone..and do i have to have a certain amount of cash on me?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
4,098 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lebanon visa for canadian

Here is the information for Canadians visiting Lebanon regarding a visa

You will also find an email address for them, best to email them to get the answers you are looking for

http://lebanonembassy.ca/visas.html

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lebanon visa for canadian

Please be careful. Is this for a tourist visa? Does not sound very kosha to me at all.Too much "cash" being requested. I wouldn't.

Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lebanon visa for canadian

No i meant when i arrive at the airport need to have money on me

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lebanon visa for canadian

You are saying that you need to have 3000 USD in cash. I'm saying, I wouldn't do it. I appreciate he is your boyfriend but what will happen to all that cash? It's a lot of money to be carrying around in Lebanon. It's just something I would never do. Sounds unsafe.

Edited: 22 October 2017, 09:24
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,891 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lebanon visa for canadian

It is common practice for customs agents to ask you those questions when you arrive. People entering Canada alone are often asked the same questions by Canada Customs for the same reasons.

Where will you be staying? Well you can give them that information plus the phone number. Can you support yourself while visiting the country? With access to money in your bank account, via local ATMs, or with cash, if you have a job in Canada, you can do that. Do you have a return ticket? They will not want you to overstay your time or perhaps get married while you are there, so they are telling you they want to see a return ticket. Then they may issue you a visa and off you go to enjoy your visit.

Even if you get your visa in advance by the procedure outlined in the link in post 3, the Immigration agents for Lebanon will still do their job and ask you the questions.

Edited: 22 October 2017, 09:33
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lebanon visa for canadian

Elana. Maybe ask this question on the Lebanon forum as you might get people who have actually done this. I am well aware that some countries require you to show proof of funds but it is a lot of money. Good luck

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lebanon visa for canadian

She has asked in Beirut forum:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29400…

Edited: 22 October 2017, 10:12
10. Re: Lebanon visa for canadian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 October 2017, 12:39
Edited: 22 October 2017, 12:39

Reply to: Lebanon visa for canadian
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted