We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qantas non stop Perth to UK

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
155 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Qantas non stop Perth to UK

Is this worth an extra hop flight from cairns or Brisbane to be able to do the. On stop from perth?

Or is there another option that will also reduce jet lag etc

32 replies to this topic
Kiama, Australia
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qantas non stop Perth to UK

Unless Perth itself is one of your planned stopover destinations, then there really is no benefit in taking that route over any other.

The total travel time is the same as going via an Asian hub

Edited: 18 November 2017, 17:58
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
155 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qantas non stop Perth to UK

Thank you, we just thought it may be better than a family of 4 switching flights and hanging in an airport, along with benefits of reduced jet lag with us being at work and school 2 days after our trip

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,840 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qantas non stop Perth to UK

Duplicate post

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10…

8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Qantas non stop Perth to UK

The only benefit I can see, is that you are on a domestic flight first from Brisbane to Perth therefore don't need to be at the airport quite so early. My partner says Perth is not the best airport and sworn not to flight that route when we go even though he is a plantium ff with qantas

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,409 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qantas non stop Perth to UK

I don't see how it will reduce jet lag. I looked at it for my next again trip and in business it is substantially more expensive than using my usual gulf carrier, so I won't be trying it any time soon. Didn't lay a a lot of attention to the economy prices.

I've not travelled that far with kids, only by myself or with other adults and I prefer to have 2 mid range flights than one shortish one and then a really, really long one. I'd be stir crazy in Y for 17 hours. Getting off for a couple of hours to stretch your legs, have a quick shower and real food rather than plane food does refresh you a bit.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
155 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qantas non stop Perth to UK

This is not a duplicate post but a different question 😐

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
155 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Qantas non stop Perth to UK

Thank you for your responses, the travel agent said the plane significantly reduced jet lag by better oxygen in cabin and moisture, along with special lighting, but I didn't know if it was worth it or not.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,409 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Qantas non stop Perth to UK

Ah, I thought yiu ,want less jet lag because it was a direct non stop flight not that the aircraft was better. Still wouldn't want to be on a flight that long if I can help,it and formthe dates I was looking for in September it was just far too expensive. I'm happy with the Etihad product out of EDI and I really don't have loads of choice from there that is only one stop.

E kno y is econ,oh of you ask me. It's all awful for that length of time. Some less awful than others but if it means getting to Australia, I suffer it. I'm fortunate to be able to fly in business class in the last few years and that makes a much bigger difference than the aircraft type. I dare say when I'm retired I'll have to return to flying in the back again.

Pewsey, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
5,901 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Qantas non stop Perth to UK

They are using 787s which do claim lower apparent altitude and hence more oxygen and have added clever lighting systems, but what they can’t change is you are still shifting 8 time zones in an 18 hour period, your mind will still struggle.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
155 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Qantas non stop Perth to UK

Thank you, maybe I will see what's cheaper in late December once I have my visas back. If I'm honest my priorities are to balance economy comfort and cost, so all tips are welcome. The longest I have flown is 9hrs to NEw York from London and it was over 10 years ago and haven't flown since. My children have never flown. My partner has neck problems which the stop is unlikely to make any better as it would be a good 24 hour shift lying flat to neutralise so is happy to go with the flow.

Reply to: Qantas non stop Perth to UK
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted