We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guam to India via manila and singapore - Transit Visa

Bengaluru, India
2 posts
Save Topic
Guam to India via manila and singapore - Transit Visa

Hi.. I am an indian national with US visa travelling from Guam(USA) ----(Cebu pacific) --- Manila---- (Scoot) ----Singapore------(Indigo) ----- India. I have no check in luggage. I just have 1 cabin luggage and I believe I can remain airside. Is this arrangement ok for transiting via Singapore without the need of Singapore visa? Please advise.

4 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guam to India via manila and singapore - Transit Visa

No you need to be very careful. You have separate tickets (Scoot to SIN and Indigo to India).

So as far as Scoot is concerned Singapore is the final destination on their ticket and they will require *entry clearance* to Singapore. Scoot will check for that entry clearance at MNL and if they're not satisfied they won't let you board the aircraft to SIN.

You'll also need *entry clearance* to the Philippines in order to board the GUM-MNL flight for the same reason.

This top question covers all the risks of "connecting" on separate tickets (you don't have true connections).

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g41707-c2…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
537 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Guam to India via manila and singapore - Transit Visa

1. Indian passport holders are required to obtain a visa for transfer between terminals in Manila. At the moment Scoot's online check in system is for the passengers on the flights departing from Singapore. You will take the Scoot flight from Manila, in this case you may require to have the visa if Scoot uses other terminals or does not set up the transit counter within the airside zone. Please contact to Philippine Consulate General in Agana, Guam to discuss the visa issues.

2. Indian passport holders are eligible for Visa Free Transit Facility. But in this case you are not eligible for it even through you have a the US visa, because you will arrive from a non-US city. You need to obtain the Singapore visa in order to enter Singapore border to check in at IndiGo counter. IndiGo international flights are not eligible for online check in. Please contact to the Consulate-General of the Republic of Singapore in San Francisco to discuss the visa issues.

Edited: 21 November 2017, 16:31
Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9,363 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guam to India via manila and singapore - Transit Visa

<< are not eligible for it even through you have a the US visa, because you will arrive from a non-US city>>

That is incorrect as a general rule, and may not be applicable here dependant upon visa type the OP has. The ICA explicitly states that as a general rule that it can be used to or from any third country if you have a valid visa.

https:/…enteranddeparting_before_vftf

If you plan to use the VFTF on a single journey visa that has expired/been used, then for that it must be used on the way directly home om the US ,which might be limiting for this multiLine routing but that assumes the OP is on a SJV and its used which is information that the OP has not provided.

So they might still be eligible for the VFTF but we do need to know the visa type and state to say properly.

The main problem with the VFTf for Indians is that is is valid in one direction of travel only. If you are on a return flight this means you need to consider the visa on one of the legs, so might as well get it for both. If this is a one way trip then they meet the criteria, whether they are using LCCs or not.

The OP will almost certainly not be able to remain airside at Changi on this transfer as they likely will have to do a document check and that means passing immigration at Changi regardless of having bags or boarding passes printed out.

The VFTF and its conditions are in TIMATIC and in fact were there before the ICA put it on their website, so clearance to get on the plane shouldnt be an issue if they are eligible....though having a copy of the Timatic print out might be handy.

Bengaluru, India
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Guam to India via manila and singapore - Transit Visa

Hello thanks for the response. I have a h1b visa and regarding my return leg my flights are Not via Singapore.

Reply to: Guam to India via manila and singapore - Transit Visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted