We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Never EVER use Kiwi

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Never EVER use Kiwi

My sister was supposed to come from the US to the UK for a week to visit me. She booked her flights with Kiwi. She had a layover in Florida. When she showed up at her gate for her flight to the UK, the airline had changed the time and Kiwi head failed to inform her. So she missed that flight.

They agreed (after 4 hours on hold) to put her on another flight (arriving the next day, so she lost one day of vacation already). What they then failed to tell her is that airline doesn't fly from that airport.

So thrive supposedly put her on a third flight. She's spent 48 hours out of her one week off in an airport in Florida.

Kiwi are incompetent to the point of criminality. Don't book with them.

6 replies to this topic
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
58,605 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Never EVER use Kiwi

The big lesson is, of course, not to use Kiwi, but there is another one to be learnt from this. And that's to keep an eye on flight bookings yourself, and not to rely on anyone else to keep you informed, no matter who you've booked with.

I monitor the flights I have booked regularly. It annoys my wife, but I feel it's better to be safe than sorry.,

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,537 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Never EVER use Kiwi

Did your sister never check her booking on the airline website to spot the change - schedule changes are common with most major airlines.

I've booked direct with airlines and despite them having my contact details have often not been informed of changes which I've caught through checking my bookings - that's the real lesson to learn from this experience.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,296 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Never EVER use Kiwi

Kiwi maybe a rubbish ticket seller but I will never understand why people expect an agent to inform them of a flight time change. Do they they think they're butlers? This is not Kiwi's fault. People need to check their flight details with the airline themselves.

Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
3,211 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Never EVER use Kiwi

Generally they DO inform you but it's still better to check regularly. But it's the airline who informs you so don't book with an agent anyway.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,296 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Never EVER use Kiwi

Even airlines don't always get the message through IME. It really is down to the passenger to be proactive and check not expect others to do it for them.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,544 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Never EVER use Kiwi

Your sister deliberately asked the airline to not email, telephone or inform her of any changes to her flights, but to only communicate changes to a third party, in the hope that the third party would then tell her.

Your sister should have regularly checked her flight status online, especially as she knew the airline would not inform her as she is not their client.

Reply to: Never EVER use Kiwi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted