We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight search engine to track prices 11-12 months ahead?

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
Flight search engine to track prices 11-12 months ahead?

Hi guys,

I am an unusual person that use to book flights tickets 11 to 12 months ahead because that´s the easiest in my case (Stockholm Marseille through Amsterdam with Air France).

I am a user of Google Flights but they only track flights tickets until less than 11 months ago (ex: today I can track flights prices until the 10th of January 2019).

Let´s take the example that I want to track the Air France flight Stockholm to Marseille (through connexion in Paris= AF1063 + AF7670) on the 10th of February 2019 (Departure: 18h20 ; Arrival: 23h00). This ticket can already been bought on the Air France website.

What flight search engine can help me today to track the price changes for this flight?

10 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
21,972 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight search engine to track prices 11-12 months ahead?

What flight search engine can help me today to track the price changes for this flight? - Can I ask why you want to track prices for a flight where you've already bought the ticket.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight search engine to track prices 11-12 months ahead?

No it´s for a flight I spotted but I need to wait 1-2 weeks before buying it because I am not sure for the date so I need to track it meanwhile

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight search engine to track prices 11-12 months ahead?

I think I found the solution, FlightScanner is able to track 11-12 months ahead for a specific flight :)

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34,513 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight search engine to track prices 11-12 months ahead?

Don't know how, most flight tickets aren't released that far in advance

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight search engine to track prices 11-12 months ahead?

Air France & KLM usually release tickets 12 months in advance, as well as Vueling Iberia and Lufthansa

Glossop, United...
Level Contributor
972 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight search engine to track prices 11-12 months ahead?

Why have you started two threads asking almost the same question?

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
12,694 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight search engine to track prices 11-12 months ahead?

And then there's also the issue about currency fluctuation. Sometimes, even if the price stays unchanged, the conversion rate may be unfavorable ... and again that's something no-one can predict.

You use SEK, but since you'd be buying your ticket from an airline which is not local (to you), you'd be facing conversion rates.

My rule of thumbs usually is, buy it when it's reasonable, and I'm personally happy with that price.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight search engine to track prices 11-12 months ahead?

" Why have you started two threads asking almost the same question? "

--

That was 2 different questions. This thread is about flight price tracking for a flight 11-12 months ahead, the other one is linked to the best time to buy a ticket

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight search engine to track prices 11-12 months ahead?

"I am a user of Google Flights but they only track flights tickets until less than 11 months ago (ex: today I can track flights prices until the 10th of January 2019)."

Because most airlines don't release flight schedules a year ahead of time. 330 days is typical. Smaller airlines might do it at the 6 month mark.

When does your airline of choice release?

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Flight search engine to track prices 11-12 months ahead?

I like Air France-KLM and Lufthansa, they usually release tickets 12 months ahead

Reply to: Flight search engine to track prices 11-12 months ahead?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted