We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vueling Barcelona to Bordeaux

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
985 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Vueling Barcelona to Bordeaux

Hi everyone. I'm thinking of booking Vueling from Barcelona to Bordeaux.

There are two flights, one morning and one evening. We decided to take the evening flight to give us more of the day in Barcelona.

My only concern is the possibility that evening flight is cancelled and that's because we fly back to JFK the following day. We have plenty of time after returning to Bordeaux before we leave the next day but if our flight was cancelled we would be screwed.

I've never flown them before so I wonder work any of your experiences, were cancellations common? I know people say this sort of thing happens all the time with budget airlines but I've never had that happen to me fortunately, however I've no experience with Vueling.

Also, my carry on is about 2-3cm bigger than their allowed dimensions. Will this be a problem? I can't imagine they'd run out a tape measure, but you never know!

4 replies to this topic
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
39,422 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vueling Barcelona to Bordeaux

They won't use a tape measure but they may use a measuring cage. Better to just use a bag that's within size. Rules apply to everyone.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
15,333 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vueling Barcelona to Bordeaux

"I know people say this sort of thing happens all the time with budget airlines"

They do? If so, I doubt it's true. If anything, LCC's probably cancel fewer flights than traditional network airlines. As for whether your flight will get cancelled - probably not but it's impossible to predict.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
43,466 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vueling Barcelona to Bordeaux

Looking back at the past 90 days they have not cancelled the flight once and unusually for Vueling it was quite punctual even during the really bad weather that affected the South of France the beginning of March.

Easyjet also fly this route the next day so maybe a backup.

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vueling Barcelona to Bordeaux

Plan B.

Get the train.

Reply to: Vueling Barcelona to Bordeaux
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted