We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CDG 9am departure

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
5,207 posts
434 reviews
CDG 9am departure

CDG SFO on UA, departs 9am, realistically what time should I arrive at airport. Will OLCI and carry on only.

Tried to ask this on UA FA forum, but they are too busy with more important discussions like there was a pretzel short in my complimentary bag :-) who to complain to, will I get extra miles, yeah the really important stuff....

14 replies to this topic
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
41,354 posts
40 reviews
1. Re: CDG 9am departure

How far in advance does UA say you should be at the airport? That’s what time you should get there.

2. Re: CDG 9am departure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 October 2018, 04:18
Edited: 20 October 2018, 04:18

W Yorkshire
Level Contributor
5,938 posts
182 reviews
3. Re: CDG 9am departure

2-3 hrs is the sensible rule.

CDG can be a royal pain in the behind in at times. It just depends who is on strike that week.

I think that's what bugs me the most, how unpredictable it is.

Edited: 20 October 2018, 04:20
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
5,207 posts
434 reviews
4. Re: CDG 9am departure

Thanks for your reply ZX6RRick, have not been to CDG for years and as your post, it can be as unpredictable as can be. So was just trying to gage the time. Three hours ahead seems rather long comparing it to all the other European Airports I have traveled through.

I guess CDG just like other public transportation options in France is something that one cannot be very predictable about. I would have avoided CDG at all costs but UA had such a ridiculous low fare for January I could not resist.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: CDG 9am departure

INHO, CDG is a mess so I would shoot for 3 hours.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,203 posts
25 reviews
6. Re: CDG 9am departure

9am departure with no checked luggage. I would be there 630 am

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
99 posts
155 reviews
7. Re: CDG 9am departure

A year ago my family of four arrived at CDG three hours before our flight - then an airport security issue popped up (unattended bag found) that held us from getting beyond our airline checkin point and ultimately found us making our flight home by the skin of our teeth. They apparently had been calling our name - but we never heard it - we were so lucky to make the flight. From now on I will be arriving 4 hours ahead of our flight! As others have said you just never know what is going to happen at CDG. On our arrival, there had been a security issue as well that kept us from reaching our rental car by going inside the terminal and we ended up walking outside along with many others to get around it. It is crazy!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
5,207 posts
434 reviews
8. Re: CDG 9am departure

Thanks to all above for the information. I do appreciate it.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,380 posts
9. Re: CDG 9am departure

The CDG official site says 3hrs for International flights and a not so precise "bit shorter" if no checked luggage.

easycdg.com/passenger-information/…

Some regular US contributors on the Paris Forum have suggested 4 hrs for flights back to the States, but that may have been at particular times of heightened security and with checked luggage.

10. Re: CDG 9am departure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2018, 16:18

Reply to: CDG 9am departure
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted