We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia 'Xtra carry on' with 14kg

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
169 posts
91 reviews
80 helpful votes
Air Asia 'Xtra carry on' with 14kg
Save

Air Asia allows only 7kg carry on bit we have found the option 'extra carry on' in their website which says you can add +7kgs, so total 14kg. Has anyone travelled with this ?

Can I take in this case 12kg in my suitcase (without any additinal bag) or they insist on the 7kg+7kg each piece?

We will fly from Kuala Lumpur to Cambodia.

4 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,833 posts
2 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: Air Asia 'Xtra carry on' with 14kg
Save

AirAsia Thailand Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Santisuk Klongchaiya said that ...

With Xtra Carry-on, each piece may now weigh a maximum of 7 kg for a combined 14 kg. ..." (among other things, this is found in the third paragraph).

https://newsroom.airasia.com/news/airasia-introduces-2-new-baggage-services-take-more-with-xtra-carry-on-and-claim-faster-with-xpress-baggage January 21, 2022.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
169 posts
91 reviews
80 helpful votes
2. Re: Air Asia 'Xtra carry on' with 14kg
Save

Yes, I have seen this. Just was curious how this is going in reality. Beacause the picture is showing a small rolley bag with +7kg But according to this you can put 7kg into a small bag 30*40 with only 10cm thikness! That means no sense... , you can hardly use the extra kgs in such a small bag!

We will fly from Amsterdam with KLM, allowed total 12kg carry on, so I should solve somehow the extra 5kg but do not want to check in luggage and it seemed to be a good idea.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
51,511 posts
51 reviews
86 helpful votes
3. Re: Air Asia 'Xtra carry on' with 14kg
Save

The small bag which would go under the seat would usually be a laptop bag, handbag etc and for a laptop and/or small personal items.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
169 posts
91 reviews
80 helpful votes
4. Re: Air Asia 'Xtra carry on' with 14kg
Save

That is correct, If you buy the normal / cheapest ticket.

But you can add to your ticket the "xtra carry on" for 19 USD. In this case it means extra 7kg and not only small personal items. But, if the size is the same small - written by Air Asia Chief Executive - just like "normally" then actually you can add max. plus 2-3 kg even if you have bought + 7kg,...

Reply to: Air Asia 'Xtra carry on' with 14kg
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.