We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Covid certificate

London, United...
3 posts
Covid certificate
Save

Hello guys, will travel to colombia on the 25th from the uk using BA & Iberia. Any idea what documents i will need? i do not require a visa just wanted to know will the airline accept NHS covid pass i have the app or do i need a covid certificate? Also i have updated my covid record at the NHS as i had one dose here in uk and another in peru last year will it still be accepted as the covid pass? it has been a year i flew so i just want to be sure i had some issues before with iberia with pcr test and other problems and missed my flight.

10 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
22 reviews
11 helpful votes
1. Re: Covid certificate
Save

It would probably be a wise idea to check Colombia's current entry requirements.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
10,353 posts
2. Re: Covid certificate
Save

Very wise, and much earlier than this. Leaving it so late is never handy for sorting things out.

I assume you have a UK passport? it's the nationality of a passport that entry requirements are governed by, here's the 'Timatic' details for travel via madrid.

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/before-you-fly/visa-passport-information/visa-passport-information-results/?widgetheader=visa&nationality=gb&destination=co&transit=es

And it states you must have a valid Covid certificate or a -ve test within the time frames.

You must also complete the online form before travel (link within the link above)

You also need proof of accomodation, and may require a tourist card depending on what area you are visiting.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
27,959 posts
97 reviews
129 helpful votes
3. Re: Covid certificate
Save

So you’ve been burned once before with covid docs, and you are now checking what you need just FOUR days before you travel again…?

Oregon
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
26 reviews
22 helpful votes
4. Re: Covid certificate
Save

Sherpa is a good site for seeing what documents you need. Many airlines use it, and it provides links to official government sources.

https://apply.joinsherpa.com/travel-restrictions?affiliateId=sherpa&language=en-US

Imus, Philippines
Level Contributor
8,257 posts
6 reviews
44 helpful votes
5. Re: Covid certificate
Save

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/colombia

The FCDO site is the defacto site for British nationals traveling overseas and entry requirements to where ever one is headed. I find it best to consult it before booking travel.

Edited: 22 January 2023, 11:52
London, United...
3 posts
6. Re: Covid certificate
Save

Thank you guys for your response yes i have a british passport and as i've checked the entry requirement just mentions i need to fill a MIG form 24 hour before departure and proof of covid. Just i wanted to know if it will allow me to show my documents from the NHS covid pass. It mentions its for travel and a proof of my two vaccines done.

UK
Level Contributor
17,359 posts
24 reviews
41 helpful votes
7. Re: Covid certificate
Save

When you talk about updating your Covid pass - do you mean that you went to a vaccination centre with your Peruvian certificate, and they entered it into the system, and it subsequently appeared on your NHS Covid pass? My NHS Covid pass includes non-UK vaccinations, and that's never been a problem anywhere (though I haven't been to Colombia!)

London, United...
3 posts
8. Re: Covid certificate
Save

@Aviatrix yes brother it has one vaccine from uk and one from peru but i updated it at the vaccination center and it updated on my NHS covid pass just wanted to be sure if the NHS covid pass will be accepted. I do not want to go get a pcr test or a certificate while i am at airport it will make problems just want to be prepared before hand. I already have both printed with a bar code and my details and names of both vaccine.

UK
Level Contributor
17,359 posts
24 reviews
41 helpful votes
9. Re: Covid certificate
Save

#5, I would not trust a British government site to give you authoritative information about entry requirements of other countries. Remember how badly wrong they got things a year or two back with regards to passport validity for travel to the EU???

Use Timatic, or a government site of the country you are travelling to - NEVER a site of a third country including your own.

Imus, Philippines
Level Contributor
8,257 posts
6 reviews
44 helpful votes
10. Re: Covid certificate
Save

>>> , I would not trust a British government site to give you authoritative information about entry requirements of other countries. Remember how badly wrong they got things a year or two back with regards to passport validity for travel to the EU??? <<<

===

That is one incident in decades of operation. Where there any errors in the link I posted up thread? Also any errors in goverment advice or often reflected in Timatic Also.

Also, being official government advice it is actually considered back door law in the correct circumstances.

If you are not going to trust or advise against using it what is left?

Reply to: Covid certificate
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.