We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adding luggage with Air Asia tickets

california
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Adding luggage with Air Asia tickets

Hi,

I booked our Bangkok fly ticket with Air Asia and chose not to do the prepaid baggage at the time of booking. I got a confirmation of my booking thru email from Air Asia.

Here are my questions

1) Would I able to buy the online Baggage prebook on line at a later day. If so, how can I do that

2) Air Asia charged my credit card for $ 24 ( processing fee) besides the total amount of 4 tickets pricing. When I go back in later to pay for baggage prebook ( at a later day ), do I need to pay another $24 processing fee again ???

4) I just wonder if I come back near the time of my departure and buy meal plan , Do I pay another $24 for processing fee again???

3) One member of my group need a wheel chair, do you know how I can add that information in after I done booking .

4) Would it wiser if I pay for prebook baggage at the time of booking my air ticket and will to upsize it a a later time if needed. If I do that, do they till charge me processing fee

I hope to heard from you soon since I still need to book another set of ticket with Air Asia

Thank you .

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,439 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adding luggage with Air Asia tickets

In regards to your third question, I'm pretty sure there is a space when you are making the booking that asks about passengers with special needs. Otherwise, now you can go to Ask AirAsia and search for 'special assistance' and if you click on the first option you will see there is a form you need to fill out, and some guidelines about what you can/can't do.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,439 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adding luggage with Air Asia tickets

Actually I just noticed there is a 'special assistance' icon on their homepage down the bottom on the LHS.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,163 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adding luggage with Air Asia tickets

1) Go to "Manage My Booking" on AirAsia website to add baggage. Do it at least 4-hrs prior to flight.

2) No. Processing fee is charged only once at the initial booking. Changes to the same booking will not incur any processing fees.

3) Read here for special assistance ---> http://www.airasia.com/ask/template.do?id=85

4) For adding meals into your booking, please do so at least 24-hrs prior to flight as the meals have to be ordered from the airport food caterer.

Edited: 04 November 2012, 11:08
Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Adding luggage with Air Asia tickets

where to get list of fees for add on baggage at airport counter - singapore to kuala lumpur and kuala lumpur to sibu

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
42,492 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adding luggage with Air Asia tickets

Go to the AirAsia website and look at the links for various information one of which will take you to baggage charges or just search for that in the search box.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adding luggage with Air Asia tickets

on the same question but different context...how do i add that baggage after i have actually flown?

the thing is like this...i flew from KUL to SGN without checking luggage. it was all fine (though the guy at the departure insisted to have my bag weighted..which exceeded 2 kg but i was let through with a warning). now the problem is i am flying from SGN to Hanoi with too much extra things bought in Saigon. (the inital plan was to courier the parcels but i forgot that it is weekend so now i have no choice but to bring it to Hanoi then courier it from there). as many of u may know, i cannot use my credit card online overseas to add that baggage..tried it but didnt work. the travel agency seems not much a help...been asking around.

would paying at the baggage drop counter be my only option? im afraid its gonna cost me so much.

(btw, im flying with Jetstar from SGN to HAN).

anyone with experience please help. thanks.

cheers, K

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adding luggage with Air Asia tickets

(btw, im flying with Jetstar from SGN to HAN).

jetstar.com/au/…checked-baggage

At the airport see the link above with the charges....the first 15kg will be charged at a set rate VND 360,000 then excess baggage charges for every kilo after that

You can also ring reservations and ask them to add it

Edited: 24 November 2013, 09:20
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adding luggage with Air Asia tickets

thanks. but what i did was i went to jetstar office in Saigon and paid about 300k for 25kg. thats way cheaper than paying at the airport. but airasia office in Hanoi has been closed so i had no choice but to pay at the airport. but just to warn u, make sure that your card has ur name on it. apparently i cannot use my debit card as the bank didnt put my name on it. so i had to pay cash. since i only had MYR so i paid 115MYR, thats about 30 USD.

so again in bangkok i went to search for airasia office to pay for the add on baggage. the office is at Khoa San Rd area. a few doors down from burger king. somehow, this adds to my travelling experience, which i think i appreciate very much. i have learnt something useful :-)

9. Re: Adding luggage with Air Asia tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2014, 13:16