We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost Item on Air Canada

Toronto
Level Contributor
41 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Lost Item on Air Canada

My husband left his iPad on a flight a couple of weeks ago. We have filed a lost items claim and we have had no luck so far. I just read on Tripadvisor how one passenger was thrilled to get his iPad back after 4 months. FOUR MONTHS??? Has anyone else had any experience with a lost item through Air Canada?

53 replies to this topic
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lost Item on Air Canada

Did you also use the "find my iPad" feature immediately after realizing it was left behind? It could have gone walking off with someone else.

Toronto
Level Contributor
41 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lost Item on Air Canada

Thanks for that suggestion, but it would have to be connected to the internet since it was never set up for cellular service.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lost Item on Air Canada

Never thought of that. I think I'll do some research on just how that works.

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lost Item on Air Canada

Unless he was the last passenger off the plane, someone behind him could have picked it up.

5. Re: Lost Item on Air Canada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 April 2015, 03:08

Kiama, Australia
Level Contributor
3,061 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lost Item on Air Canada

Maybe I am cynical, but I WOULD NOT contact post 5.

I find it a coincidence that his/her first ever post on TA just perfectly times with your lost item at the exact airport!!

Keep working with Air Canada, but be aware that in all likelihood your ipad is gone gone gone forever.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lost Item on Air Canada

Have you tried contacting the airport as well as air canada? When my dad forgot his ipad on the plane (different airline) I contacted both the airline and airport and it was clear that there were different lost and found departments. We started this process immediately and found it at the delayed baggage counter the next day.

Edited: 26 April 2015, 08:40
Dallas
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lost Item on Air Canada

Pretty sure that your iPad doesn't need cellular service for the "Find My iPad" feature to work. It just needs internet access (i.e., needs to be picked up on a wireless network). What is absolutely essential, though, is that it was registered with the "Find My iPad" service. If he never did that, out of luck in that regard.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lost Item on Air Canada

Don't be giving number five the details, doing so is probably the one way to guarantee you will never see the iPad again.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lost Item on Air Canada

The iPad doesn't need cellular to activate "find my iPhone" but it does need to be connected to the Internet. Unfortunately, if you have your iPad locked, they cannot connect to the Internet. There are ways for the person who "found" the iPad to reformat it if they know what they're doing. If you have gmail or Facebook, you can find out if they've used your account, but I'm afraid after all this time, if someone took it to keep, you won't be getting it back.

Reply to: Lost Item on Air Canada
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted