We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Justfly.com, is just a scam!!

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Justfly.com, is just a scam!!

As of today, May 26, 2015 I will make it my mission anyone that asks about Justfly will know don't even make them an option when it comes to booking a flight.

This site gets your attention by listing the lowest prices for flight bookings. My husband and I are planning a trip to Hawaii, the tickets to Hawaii can be expensive. So when I kept getting the "Justfly Fare Alerts" I said why not. Of course if it's too good to be true, well in this case it was. I called the 800 number spoke with a reservation person with very bad broken english. I should've hung up at that moment. I had to keep reminding him my husband was a "Jr." The resevationist "Ian" spelled every letter in the order of the my husband's name to make sure the name matched what is on the government issued I.D. Low and behold, when I received my reservation his name was not correct. I immediately called Justfly back, got another reservationist "Polo" with horrible broken english, explained my predicament to the person and they told me to call back within 24 hours. I called back the next day, another reservationist "Rizelle" with you guessed it, broken english told me they would have to cancel the flight, charge me $75, in order to correct the mistake "Ian" made. She said she had to put me on hold. While I was on hold (10 minutes, then Rizelle would come back on the line to tell me she's "trying" to contact the airline company, put me on hold an additional 5 minutes) I looked up reviews for Justfly, and found out several people had the same complaint as I did. They put your information in incorrectly, the only way to correct it is to charge a $75 cancellation fee.

When Rizelle came back online I informed her I would be calling my cc company and have the charges reversed and report them to the BBB Internet Division.

Bottom line, I will never deal with them again. I called my cc company to have all charges reversed (including the insurance that cost me $130.00)

775 replies to this topic
Dallas
Level Contributor
23,089 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Justfly.com, is just a scam!!

You have been a member since August, 2013. It might have been better if you had spent a little time researching before you booked with them since there are reviews that you have now found that tell you not to book with them.

You are probably screwed and are just out the money.

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,407 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Justfly.com, is just a scam!!

Your first mistake (which you realize) was falling for Justfly's advertising and not checking up on them.

Your second mistake was booking via phone, where you are relying on another person to input your information correctly.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Justfly.com, is just a scam!!

Well I guess me and hundreds of others aren't so perfect, but you are right

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,364 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Justfly.com, is just a scam!!

'I called my cc company to have all charges reversed' If the tickets have been issued then if you cancel them you may receive a very small refund of allowed taxes and fees, less the fee charged by wretched justfly.com to have booked the tickets for you.

Ticket rules are set by the airline, and as such if justfly.com have booked and paid for tickets on your behalf then the tickets are yours as essentially justfly.com agents pressed the Buy Now button for you. Check the ticket rules at the airline's website as the 'cheap' fares may have cost more than originally planned.

Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Justfly.com, is just a scam!!

Do I take it that the problem was a missing "Jr"? If so, then I'm just being curious :

Is "Jr" part of a person's name, appearing on passports and other ID?

If so, what about "Sr"? Presumably one becomes an "Sr" only when a child is born, and given the same first name. Does this mean all ID has to be changed?

Suppose the "Jr" has a child and gives it the same first name, while "Sr" is still alive. The child would now become the "Jr", but does the original "Jr" also become an "Sr"?

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Justfly.com, is just a scam!!

Thank you TravellerPlus for your encouraging words. I have been in contact with my cc company and it currently shows a refund. The cc card company is conducting a investigation into Justfly.

Edited: 27 May 2015, 08:40
Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
17,571 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Justfly.com, is just a scam!!

"Is "Jr" part of a person's name"

I would have thought it to be a descriptor rather than part of the name.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Justfly.com, is just a scam!!

It wasn't a missing "Jr." The agent purposely put it in the middle of his name, because he knew once the order was processed and charged to my husband's cc, it would cost $75 to cancel and rebook with correct name. Think about, he had his name in the correct oreder to charge it to my husband's card. I'm not the only person that has experienced the name mixup. So they know what they are doing. It's a scam!

Edited: 27 May 2015, 08:55
Oregon
Level Contributor
3,407 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Justfly.com, is just a scam!!

If your husband's first and last name are correct the tickets should be fine. Middle names and Jr's don't matter.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,889 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Justfly.com, is just a scam!!

"It wasn't a missing "Jr." The agent purposely put it in the middle of his name,"

=====

What does that mean? Using the following example how did the name show up on the ticket?

"John Alexander Smith Jr." or "John Smith Jr" if there were no middle name.

Reply to: Justfly.com, is just a scam!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted