We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying Pitbull to Puerto Rico

3 posts
Flying Pitbull to Puerto Rico

Looking to relocate to Puerto Rico in the next few years and I am wondering if anyone has experience flying a pitbull there. I know it’s extremely stressful for animals to fly and it would be a one time thing, but I can’t seem to find any airlines that would allow bully breeds. Sort of losing hope! Has anyone done this before?

8 replies to this topic
West Grey, Canada
Level Contributor
109,442 posts
97 reviews
640 helpful votes
1. Re: Flying Pitbull to Puerto Rico

Hi Brandon;

It would be helpful to the people who may be able to assist you if you stated where you will be flying FROM to get to PR.

Best Regards

3 posts
2. Re: Flying Pitbull to Puerto Rico

Good point, thank you. I am in Connecticut USA, however not opposed to driving somewhere else if it would make it possible. I have been reading there may be businesses in Florida, for example, that transport animals around the Caribbean islands but nothing concrete yet.

Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
3. Re: Flying Pitbull to Puerto Rico

I'll get the airline for you....but she / he will have to go out of Miami area. There aren't any upper east coast airlines that will fly pittbull to PR.

3 posts
4. Re: Flying Pitbull to Puerto Rico

I figured Miami or something might have this kind of service, do you know the company?

2 posts
5. Re: Flying Pitbull to Puerto Rico

Hello , was wondering if you ever found out , I'm relocating to puerto rico and seems like it's impossible .. if you could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it .. I currently live in Florida

1 post
6. Re: Flying Pitbull to Puerto Rico

Can you share information. I am i8n similar situation but i live in Texas. Any recommendations on ways to transport Pit bulls

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
4,872 posts
16 reviews
7 helpful votes
7. Re: Flying Pitbull to Puerto Rico

Try reaching out to https://penderair.com/faqs/ They flew our kid's dogs IAD > DFW non-stop as "Manifested Cargo", i.e, not on the same flight as kid. They held the dogs overnight for next day shipment & arrival. They then made the smart decision to hold them another night due to seriously bad weather at DFW and concern about rerouting to some other city. Good decision since that ended up happening and would have been a mess. They will also be able to help with any import requirements that PR may have (not sure if PR counts as international for this situation).

You might even get them on the same flight as "Accompanied Baggage."

More recently, we used https://airvets.com to get them back overseas. This agency handles more difficult creatures as well as pet: tigers, etc. They charged `$400 for the required paperwork, but not sure of the transport cost. Good luck and safe travels.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
4,872 posts
16 reviews
7 helpful votes
8. Re: Flying Pitbull to Puerto Rico

Point of clarification: AirVets did not handle the transportation, just the health check-up/Customs paperwork. We used another company to get the dogs onto the plane as overseas Manifested Cargo. Met us at DFW where we handed over the dogs in their crates along with the paperwork. They were equally efficient. If you are interested, you can send me a private message and I will try to dig up their name.

Reply to: Flying Pitbull to Puerto Rico
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.